Garlic bread without tinfoil?

karenz, Jul 11, 5:50am
Have run out of tinfoil and want to make garlic bread, I know I could slice it in half lengthwise and put butter and garlic over the top but wondered if anyone had tried doing traditional garlic bread with the bread wrapped in baking paper, which I do have.

ferita, Jul 11, 6:03am
It should work with baking paper.

karenz, Jul 11, 6:17am
Found this, might try it, then again it might be a disaster

Garlic Bread
From Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- a bunch of fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to around 200C. Cut slits into the bread around 3/4 of the way through, at 2cm intervals.

Scrunch a large piece of greaseproof paper or baking parchment under the tap until it's good and wet, then flatten out. Snip the parsley, crush the garlic, drizzle a generous sloop of olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper all onto this wet paper. Then put the loaf on top and rub it around, getting the flavourings into every slice.

Wrap the paper around the bread and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and crunchy. Eat and think about which other trashy foods you like. Any takers for kebab van chips, cheese and beans!

ayglepaygle, Jul 11, 9:54am
Works fine with baking paper.

elliehen, Jul 11, 10:39am
x1
And in a brown paper bag too.

asue, Jul 11, 8:11pm
Ive used an enclosed roasting dish for garlic bread

norse_westie, Jul 12, 7:41am
I simply butter slices of french bread with garlic butter and a dash of salt, pile loosely in an oventray and bake for 15 mins. Its very crispy and light. Perfect unless you like the soggy garlic bread like supermarket bought ones.

bella95, Jul 18, 12:58am
I have an oval, lidded casserole dish that i make mine in. Always works really well (i like mine buttery with a crunch crust) and bonus of no wasted tinfoil.