Need to use up some bacon - please inspire me

Page 1 / 2
jimbob37, Jul 14, 12:09am
What would you cook!I'm a bit over pizza, and have had pasta with bacon several times over the last few weeks.just need a different idea, with bacon as main ingredient.Have pretty much everything in the cupboards - did a big shop yesterday.

jessie981, Jul 14, 12:15am
you'll get all the 'norm' things so try the lefthand message board & under keyword put bacon. Under date posted put last year. Pages there.

bedazzledjewels, Jul 14, 12:20am
Heaven - chocolate dip it! Lol!

davidt4, Jul 14, 12:27am
Add it to a beef or chicken casserole.Fry it first then add the onions and garlic, brown and proceed as usual.

biggles45, Jul 14, 12:30am
Slice parboiled potatoes. Chop bacon, onion, and anything else you fancy. Layer ingredients into oven proof dish. Add Salt & Pepper to each layer to taste. Grate cheese on top and bake 175 for about 30 mins.

"Anything Else you fancy" -obviously has to be able to be cooked in the oven time or part cooked first. I add a layer of raw mushrooms, left over ham, whatever is in the fridge!

rainrain1, Jul 14, 12:31am
bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich

kinna54, Jul 14, 12:59am
Chicken and bacon pot pie.as davidt4 suggested it is wonderful in casseroles etc.
Mini quiches, and of course bacon and egg pie.
Saute with mushrooms in a nice sauce served with toast triangles.
Wrap around sausages, or around chicken breast.

pinky10, Jul 14, 1:18am
stuffed potatoes

crystalmoon, Jul 14, 2:43am
MMmmmmm I'm with you pinky :) or you cook could it up and then freeze for another time,

daleaway, Jul 14, 2:47am
Chicken + bacon + leek is a great combo -
* as soup, with plenty of potatoes
* as the basis for a pot pie.

Also wrapping your bacon round a meat loaf or terrine works well (and would freeze for later).

fifie, Jul 14, 2:59am
Sometimes we get bacon and don't like it as i usually only get one kind. However if i have spare i take rind off,chop it up, pan fry a little, cool free flow, then put it all in a plastic bag and freeze. I put some in macaroni cheese, in toppings for baked potatoes, fried rice, chicken dishes,casseroles, use with mushrooms etc, soon gets used.

otori, Jul 14, 3:10am
Fry it up with leek and onion and make a soup. Awesome this time of year with a good hunk of crusty bread

family007, Jul 14, 3:34am
Make baby quiches using sliced bread in patti tins!

janny3, Jul 14, 8:19am
Pasta.Pumpkin & leek soup.Leek & potato soup.Cabbage & bacon soup.Lining meat loaf tins or terrines.Cover meats during roasting.Lovely when roasting chicken.Potato bake. Dices up & bakes with potato Wedges.Or grilled, chopped and stirred into sour cream dips.Pizza bread.Bacon & cheese bread.Bacon & onion breads.

joybells2, Jul 14, 8:20am
Make fettucine carbonara - pasta with bacon and mushroom sauce, yummy.

harrislucinda, Jul 14, 9:26am
IJUST FOUND ANEW RECIPEWHICHI MADE FORLUNCH
LINEA GREASEDOVENPROOFDISHWITHBACONTHENCOVERWITH FINESLICEDPOTATOTHEN1CUPGRATEDCHEESETHENCOVERWITH TINFOILBAKE1 HRDIFFERENTBUTNICE

motorbo, Jul 14, 9:53am
grate courgettes, squeeze out excess liquid, add cooked chopped bacon and onion, tumeric, salt and pepper and eggs,,,bake with or without some grated cheese on top.delish

janny3, Jul 14, 2:30pm
fettucine with bacon, mushroom, chicken and avocado - decadence :)

lythande1, Jul 14, 7:40pm
Just freeze it until you want some again.

drsr, Jul 14, 9:13pm

wasgonna, Jul 14, 10:25pm
Have a look at "Whats a good rice dish" further down the threads.

esther-anne, Jul 15, 12:00am
Frittata!My recipe calls for pancetta but I find lots ofbacon nicer - and a lot cheaper!

gorgie14b, Jul 15, 12:03am
There is a website called bacontoday.com for the lovers of bacon everywhere. It has a recipe section, with ideas including bacon milkshake, bacon brownies and many others. Check it out. It'll help you come up with a leftfield idea for what to do with your bacon.

littleblackhen, Jul 15, 11:41pm
Brown up the bacon and add grated swede andsome Maggi Vege stock and sweat off till swede cooked.

2young1, Jul 15, 11:42pm
savoury muffins