Help! stewed apple and lemon curd ideas?

mickey_h, Jul 14, 12:14am
what is a recipie idea for stewed apple and lemon curd!

tramore, Jul 14, 4:01am
Put as a filling in muffins before you bake them.put half the mixture in the pan, then a spoon of the apple or curd or even both, then top again with the muffin mixture and bake.To serve, dust with icing sugar!

nunesy, Jul 14, 6:01am
Whip cream and add the lemon curd - tastes amazing, and you can add it to whatever you make with the stewed apple.

antoniab, Jul 15, 6:57am
I just made a really yummy, reasonably healthy slice last week used stewed apples. No butter and only 1/2c brown sugar. 1c rolled oats, 1c desicated coconut, 1c wholemeal flour, 1/2c sunflower seeds, 1/2c pumpkin seeds, then any nuts or dried fruit you want to add (I used sultanas, dates, cranberries and walnuts) and chucked in 1/4c dark choc melts that I had left over. Stir in apple pureeto wet the mixture but not be sloppy (was probably around 1.5c!) press frimly into a tin and bake 180 for 30mins. Its really yummy, filling and great for lunches!

bev00, Sep 10, 11:23am
Spiced Apple Puree
Spray the bowl of the slow cooker with non-stick spray.

Quarter 1kg apples, cut out the core, then slice each1/4 lengthwise in half, then crosswise to make 16 pieces per apple. Put in cooker and turn on high.

Zest then juice an orange. Sprinkle both over the apple. Don't add any other liquid. Add 2 whole cinnamon sticks (and an optional vanilla pod).

Cover and cook on high for 4 hrs.

When cooked remove the cinnamon sticks (and vanilla pod if you used it).

Tip the apple mixture into a food processor with 1/4cup sugar and process until smooth, then taste. Add more sugar if necessary.

Any leftover puree can be stored in a lidded container in the fridge for 3-4 days.

Yum - might just do it myself, but I think I'd start with less sugar.

Edited by calista at 7:48 pm, Sun 11 Sep

Quotecalista (83 )7:47 pm, Sun 11

wildflower, Sep 11, 3:44am
Lemon curd in muffins or pastry cases is to die for, but then I really love lemons:)