Easy simple ideas for 21st birthday cake

draco27, Jun 8, 2:21am
i have done the cake (coca cola chocolate cake) now im stuck with how to ice it! i want something simple and easy, google is no help all the ones that come up there are very extreme. when i make icing usuing icing sugar, cocoa powder bit of butter and some vanilla essence it always stay quite runny no matter how much icing sugar i use to try thicken it up. any idea or help please! the birthdays partys tomorrow

sarahb5, Jun 8, 2:24am
Use chocolate ganache to ice it with - melted chocolate and cream - tastes devine even when you use cheap as cooking chocolate.What are the birthday person's favourite lollies!Put 21 of them on the cake .

http://dozenroses13.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/birthday-cake-082010.jpg

draco27, Jun 8, 2:27am
i have no cream. iwasnt prepared at all i thought it was thursday today and then my partner said to me when he left for work, make sure you get the food done for tomorrow! eeek! theres a good idea, i could ice with chocolate icing and crush up some crunchie bar and sprinkle on top! hmm i was going to do a john deere tractor as he loves them (my partner) but i dont have time im still pre paring food!

draco27, Jun 8, 2:28am
is that choc icing on your cake ganache!

sarahb5, Jun 8, 2:52am
Looks like buttercream - to be honest a 21st is pretty special and worth a trip to get cream and make the ganache if you can.If you're short on time Betty Crocker's chocolate frosting is a pretty good substitute and you could call into The Warehouse and buy a toy tractor