Do you collect/hoard recipes that you've never

jessie981, Jun 8, 8:24am
& probably never will use!
Dropped my book & they fell out so good motivation to have a huge clean out.

sossie1, Jun 8, 8:25am
i have a scrapbook for recipes, I just glue another recipe over the top of ones I haven't used

lodgelocum, Jun 8, 8:25am
Yes, have heaps of recipes that I doubt will ever make, but still ripping them out of mags lol

lindylambchops1, Jun 8, 9:19am
Yes.have them loose, glued into scrap books, some in a folder system, a box full, a folder full. inside other cook books, hand written into books, on computer.& I can never find the one I want!

tuscany9, Jun 8, 9:21am
Oh yes, heaps.Have started to keep onlythose that I can copy with my printer a picture of the finished dish.This,combined with the recipe, helps me remember why I kept the recipe in the first place.Have found if I cut out and keep only the recipe then I never use it.The chefs say we mostly eat with our eyes so maybe it works with the beginning at the recipe stage!Anyway, here's hoping.

nfh1, Jun 8, 9:33am
Recipe books, recipes torn out of books pale into insignificance compared to the thousands saved from the internet!

I just need to live until I am 476 and stop eating out and I may use 27% of them!

kiwiscrapper1, Jun 8, 9:52am
Lol. Me too!,

elliehen, Jun 8, 10:01am
Cooks have been doing that for decades ;)I have an old New Zealand cookbook listed which has in it a newspaper clipping with seasonal apricot recipes on it. It also gives a glimpse of the times.

On the same torn-out piece of newsprint, there is a photo of a youngish woman with an article about her engagement, stating: " .the couple have been seen together frequently since they first met several months ago at the home of a New Zealander in London. The engagement ring, featuring a large emerald surrounded by eight diamonds, has been greatly admired by her friends."

lizab, Jun 8, 10:20am
Not only do I hoard internet recipes, but also buy cookbooks that (to be honest) have recipes that I will never make! At least the free ones I hoard from the internet aren't ones I've actually spent money on and bought!

scarlettnz, Jun 8, 10:49am
Lol me too.But they all sound soooo yummy.Every couple of years I purge the folder . then start collecting again.Rinse and repeat :-)

shop-a-holic, Jun 8, 11:15am
I publish my cookbooks each year for ease of reference.

dibble35, Jun 8, 7:35pm
My sister does this, she now has several folders (shes so organized) one for mains, one for puddings etc, but the thing is shes actually tries cooking most of them. She does pass on any particularly yummy ones to me so thats good.