Ray McVinnes Chi Masala Custard Recipe

shop-a-holic, Jun 9, 8:23am
*Brainwave*

Wouldn't this recipe make a great base for ice-cream!
5-7 Cardamon Pods (bashed)
Ground Ginger and Cinnamon
2 x Teabags
Salt
500 mls Cream

By flavouring the cream before making your ice cream custard could be a perfect finish to an Indian dinner party.
500mls Cream would suit an 8 egg yolk custard before chilling and using your ice cream machine.

dezzie, Jun 9, 8:30am
I've made a chai flavoured cheesecake that was good, and yes, it would make lovely ice cream as well.

sarahb5, Jun 9, 8:33am
I love the Red Seal Mi-Chai teabags - very warming for this time of year but I don't like it with milk in it which is how you're supposed to drink it

shop-a-holic, Jun 9, 8:46am
Girls, you've convinced me. I'm going to dump the tea bags and add a spicy gewurztraminer (they're always spicy from the Martinborough region) or a really really late harvest Riesling. Nice.

bluecalico, Jun 9, 10:05pm
They were just two ordinary Dilmah tea bags he added wasn't it!Loved the way he caramelised them.leaves a blow torch for dead.even if he did skim the top and shove some of the filling out

indy95, Jun 10, 12:56am
What a good idea ! Thank you shop-a-holic and if you have any more "brainwaves" as good as this one please let us know.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 10, 12:58am
Another idea - I think the custard would taste lovely with the fruit mix without the tart and sugar!