Potato Bake

lilibeth_52, Jun 11, 12:11am
Need a good recipe please.Thanks in advance

ruby19, Jun 11, 1:39am
Type in oakhill potatoes into search area, and select last year, the thread should come up.
My family loves this recipe, the adjustments I make are to omit the bacon and eggs, plus I saute my onions in the butter until golden, but not burnt,this takes approx 15 min, then make the cheese sauce with the onion base. Also make sure you use the rigt potatoes agria work well.

cookessentials, Jun 11, 1:54am
"Pams creamy potatoes" recipe, so here it is.
25g butter, melted;1 clove garlic,crushed;1/4 tsp nutmeg;2 cups grated tasty cheese; 1 kg potatoes,peeled and sliced thinly;2 eggs,lightly beaten;1x 300ml carton cream;1 cup milk;1/2 cup stale breadcrumbs;fresh herbs to garnish.
combine melted butter,garlic and nutmeg in a bowl. Brush a shallow oven proof dish with half the butter mixture. Sprinkle half the cheese over the base and layer the potato slices. Combine remaining butter mix, eggs, cream and milk in a jug and pour gently over potato slices. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs ( I dont usually bother with the breadcrumbs) Bake in hot oven - 200C for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. (Cover with foil if top becomes too brown.

raewyn64, Jun 11, 3:06am
I do an easy one. Slice the potatoes (boil them if you are in a rush so they are soft already). Mix a packet of onion instant soup with about 500ml of cream and pour over the top. Bake it until the potatoes are cooked and the sauce should have thickened up.I cover it in the overn.

redwallet, Jun 11, 3:39am
That sounds way easier than my recipe raewyn, thanks will give it a go.

bisloy, Jun 11, 9:13am
raewyn64's recipe is the one I use too. I add onion and bacon that I've fried off too. The bacon makes it a little smokey, which is nice. I also use bacon and onion soup.

jns, Jun 11, 10:24am
I do one like this, use a small bottle of cream and a packet of french onion soup mix.Pour over sliced potatoes, cover and bake.Easy!

fisher, Jun 11, 3:30pm
Scalloped Potatoes
Peel your potatoes and par boil in saucepan with a little salt. Remove, slice and layer in oven proof dish. In a frypan sauté a large diced onion in a little butter and pour/spread over top of potatoes. Now make a roux with milk, add tasty cheese and a pinch of cayenne and stir till it melts and thickens. Add 100ml of cream, stir and pour this over the onion/potato mix. Sprinkle tasty cheese over the top with a light dusting of paprika.
Place in oven at 180c and remove when cheese top is browned and melted.
Variations:
(a) Add floret's of cauliflower and broccoli to make a nice Vege dish
(b) Pre fry some bacon strips and layer over potatoes
(c) Add blue vein cheese for that extra flavour and bite