Tasteless pumpkin soup. Help

Page 1 / 2
sophie01, Jun 10, 7:21am
I need some help I have brought some pumpkin soup from a fundraiser and it is tasteless and I have slot of it. What can I do to make it slot better. It has pumping, onion, nutmeg and chick stock only. Any help will be appreciated thanks. I can not eat it as it is. Thanks.

geldof, Jun 10, 7:25am
If it hasn't got too much nutmeg in it, I would add curry paste, ginger and coconut cream.

r.g.nixon, Jun 10, 7:30am
Add ginger.

sticky232, Jun 10, 7:31am
add bacon

sophie01, Jun 10, 7:32am
Yes I was thinking bacon how should I do this .

r.g.nixon, Jun 10, 7:34am
Shoot a pig.

winnie231, Jun 10, 7:34am
Thai curry paste, garlic & coconut cream.

sophie01, Jun 10, 7:36am
r.g.nixon wrote:
Shoot a pig.[/quote
Don,t think I could do that. Maybe you have an easier way for me.

jessie981, Jun 10, 7:39am
Garlic, potato, milk & butter. Hate taste of ginger or nutmeg

bambi58, Jun 10, 7:52am
Cumin & a little garlic, about a tsp. of each. I've had this myself, tasless not ripe enough pumpkin is the cause. I found that cumin makes up a lot of the flavour. A good grind of black pepper helps too!

jcdm, Jun 10, 9:32am
sprinkle smoked paprika on the pumpkin when you roast it .loads of garlic chili

nik12, Jun 10, 11:53am
I'm a bit confused! My pumkin soup is a a wee bit of onion fryed in butter chuch in the pumpkin and half cover with chickn stock. then blitz.When you say tasteless. is it rubbish pumpkin!Or are you used to something more!
When I'm being cheap I add a few potatoes. but I also love a bit of kumera thrown in, and maybe parsnip if it's cheap enough. Serve with crusty bread a bit of sour cream and black pepper.

elliehen, Jun 10, 12:20pm
'Tasteless' pumpkin soup usually means it was made from a watery, unripe pumpkin.

sophie01, Jun 10, 7:45pm
Yes I think it was a unripe watery pumpkin as it is awful. Being a fundraiser they may have been a bit light of the extra bits.So I will try some of these ideas and see how I get on. It's a shame really and I love pumpkin soup but not this lot.

willyow, Jun 10, 11:06pm
Chicken stock isgreatin pumpkin soup - add some chicken cubes orstock

marywea, Jun 10, 11:11pm
Either chilli pwd or curry powder will give it a lift.

just_lookin1, Jun 10, 11:16pm
i use chicken stock, green herb stock, nutmeg, onions and bacon in mine

willyow, Jun 11, 12:02am
Pumpkin soup made without stock is usually quite tasteless.

mwood, Jun 11, 12:30am
add a tablespoon of sugar, a teaspoon of chilli and one of garlic and some parsleyserve with a knob of butter or a few drops of sesame oil

sophie01, Jun 13, 6:48am
Thanks everyone. I managedto bring it back to life had some tonight and it was great. Thanks everyone for your ideas.

nik12, Jun 13, 12:41pm
So what did you do!

rover79, Jul 5, 8:13am
Well thats a downer not knowing what made the difference.

guest, Jan 11, 11:34am
That's a weoluthlught-o-t answer to a challenging question

guest, Jan 11, 11:45am
You've really helped me unretsdand the issues. Thanks.

guest, Jan 13, 2:06pm
Oh dear, I hope you're feeling OK Sukkie. Please Please, don't get mad with all Eels who love you very much and porlabby didn't mean to hurt you. To those new eels (or temporary fans), please oblige by our prince's rule. It should not be that difficult just to ONLY look at him and touch him when given permission. I love to see our Sukkie in happy mood When he smiles, I smile. When he laughs, I laugh. His laugh is soooo contagious.