Lemon merginue pie question

duckmoon, Jun 14, 9:59pm
Can I make mini lemonmerginue pie with lemon curd!

The consistency would be thinner, but they would be bite sized

kimkat1, Jun 14, 11:07pm
Yep, I do quite often. yummy

jessie981, Jun 14, 11:53pm
that made my mouth water duckmoon

duckmoon, Jun 14, 11:56pm
That is a reason to do it!

sarahb5, Jun 15, 3:39am
Oh stop it - what with your Facebook post and now this - I'm drooling onto my keyboard!

daleaway, Jun 15, 4:25am
These are my go-to concoction for surprise visitors.

Keep a packet of ready-made pastry cases in the cupboard. Either sweet short pastry, or you can get some lovely wee filo ones from New World.

A dollop of home-made lemon curd or passionfruit curd into each of them, topped by a smidgen of whipped cream if you have some cream on hand. (Doesn't matter if you don't, you can leave it out.)

Top off with one of my own mini-meringues, which keep literally for months in a tin or klip-it.

Use any meringue recipe, take a small teaspoon, then twirl it off two spoons onto baking paper, into tiny mini-meringues. Takes a bit of practice but you'll get there.

daleaway, Jun 15, 4:29am
Come to think of it, a photo of some of my mini lemon meringue pies is on my friend's blog here, about third photo up from the bottom:
http://somethingelsetoeat.blogspot.co.nz/2011_05_01_archive.html

shellz213, Jun 15, 5:17am
I thought the mini lemon meringues done in shot glasses made on NZ Home Baker the other night looked divine . just as an aside!

duckmoon, Jun 15, 6:10am
After Chelseas Hottest Homebaker, I have plannedmy own tower of terror. or as Miss ten wants to call it, my plates of pleasure.Here is my list of petite fours (and using Julia's tip of base recipes)neenishtarts, lemon merginues tarts, pecan pie,

Baked cheesecake, Louise slice, Meringues ,
Pinwheel scones, Savory scones ,
Vegetable tart,

Pikelets with salmon, capers and cream cheese,
Pikelets with homemade jam and whipped cream,

Mini filled sponge,
Laming tons ,

Chocolate eclairs,
Melting moments

Sorry to torture you. Will take photos when I have done it

jessie981, Jun 15, 6:32am
No photo needed, just an invite to sample will suffice thanks.

sarahb5, Jun 15, 8:54am
No photos - just tell me when!

shop-a-holic, Jun 15, 9:17am
Watched a great DVD (new release) a couple of weeks ago called TOAST. It's the true story of a young Nigel Slater growing up loving to cook. It's all about Lemon Meringue Pies.

Two Thumbs Up. :-)

guest, Apr 2, 9:18am
I bet it smelled deciilous in your kitchen today Tyra. The apple pie looks deciilous. I need to not be so lazy and make one ~ the peeling gets to me! I do love to eat an apple (just about) every single day tho. I think they're such a healthy fruit.