Looking for a good cajun chicken recipe

elektrotrashx, Jun 14, 6:49am
does anyone have a good one they want to share!

unknowndisorder, Jun 15, 10:03am
The one on the kids' masterchef tonight looked good. Will see if I can find a link to the recipe (without having the end spoilt lol)
http://www.masterchef.com.au/recipes/blackened-chicken-spiced-sausage-and-herb-salad-with-hot-pepper-glaze.htm

caeli, Jun 15, 10:15am
YUM! Thank you - I was about to go googling for that recipe.it looked SO good :0)

elektrotrashx, Jun 15, 10:21am
yum thank you :)

unknowndisorder, Jun 15, 10:47am
We'd finished dinner (just) by the time I went to watch it, and even though full, started getting hungry. I thought of this thread and figured I'd actually go look for the recipe.

Some of the things the kids make is awesome, but it's also more inspirational, as I figure if someone 10-12 can make it, surely I can.

caeli, Jun 15, 10:44pm
Some of the things the kids make is awesome, but it's also more inspirational, as I figure if someone 10-12 can make it, surely I can.[/quote]

Haha.that's what I'm hoping!
What do you think I could use for the smoked pork sausage! Is there such a thing here!I'm so not a fancy cook.but that just loooked SO good.

unknowndisorder, Jun 16, 11:03am
You could use some chorizo or similar, but possibly is available here. Don't forget, you don't have to use all the recipe (I'm planning on the chicken & see if it tastes as good as it looks, and then maybe try the whole thing).

My husband commented a couple of years ago about a friend being a better cook/baker than me. He also heard my dad going on about some things I used to make and wondered who the heck he was talking about, as for the past 16 or so years, I barely cooked & never baked. He puts up with my cooking shows, as it means I'll try different things and actually cook/bake. I've decided I enjoy playing in the kitchen sometimes, same as he enjoys playing in the garage.

I guess, whatever people think of the shows, if it gets a few of us playing in the kitchen again/trying new stuff, it's a good thing. We're still known at a couple of local restaurants, but the takeaway places very rarely see us (whereas we used to be able to walk in & they'd know what we'd be ordering).