Cheese on Toast

jimmy3411, May 20, 5:25am
Is awesome yes!

But what kinda cheese is best!

What kind of toast is best!

Combos!

lythande1, May 20, 5:36am
It's a matter of personal taste isn't it!
I prefer real bread, crusty and fresh. I also prefer mature cheddars.
But that's me. Husband likes squashy pre-cut shop bread and a friend of mine likes those half done soft cheeses.

rainrain1, May 20, 5:44am
lol what's real bread

casey1232, May 20, 6:07am
Cheese mustard and cream is the ultimate! Known as welsh rarebit.

antoniab, May 20, 6:08am
Mature chedder, but colby will suffice with worstershire sauce mmmm

jessie981, May 20, 6:22am
Beategg & add grated tasty cheese, salt & pepper. Spread on uncooked bread. Top with chopped bacon & tomato (opt)
Place in a hot oven 2nd rung from bottom & cook until topping starts to bubble.
With putting down so low in oven top & bottom toast & is nicer than toasting one side first.

ace441, May 20, 6:28am
Mmmmmm.had for lunch today - Sheet of flaky pastry, cut into 4, brushed with BBQ sauce, chopped onion, ham, tomato, cheese and freshly chopped chives.

norse_westie, May 20, 7:38am
Gruyere, lightly grilled.

sarahb5, May 20, 7:49am
I love gruyere if I'm just using cheese but if I am making my cheats Welsh rarebit I use tasty with worcestershire sauce, milk, butter and mustard

samanya, May 20, 8:09am
Cheese on toast is 'comfort' food .& whatever does it for you is OK!
Can't go wrong with cheese on toast, IMO

willyow, May 20, 11:53pm
Why have cheese on toast when itdoesn't take much longer to go totally French and make Croque Monsieur.!We use Emmental cheese - theseareabout as more-ish as it gets.

3Tbsp. Mayonnaise

2tsp Dijon Mustard

8slices firm white bread

4 Slices of EmmentalCheese

8 slicesSmoked Ham

1Tbsp. butter or margarine

3eggs

1/2cup milk

Pinch of ntumeg

HEAT oven to 180c

MIX mayo and mustard; spread onto 4 bread slices. Cover with cheese, ham and remaining bread slices.

PLACE butter in 20 x 20 ish cm pan. Place in oven 1 to 2 min. or until butter is melted and spread it about the pan. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, nutmegand milk ina bowl .

Dip each sandwich in egg mixture, then place in buttered pan. Pour any remaining egg mixture over sandwiches.

BAKE 10min. or until sandwiches are golden brown on both sides, turning after 5 min.

heaven!

linette1, May 21, 3:04am
For an easy cheese on toast add marmite to the bread then the cheese.
Or you can add some tomato or Worcestershire sauce on top of the cheese, not too much .

dbab, May 21, 10:08pm
Years ago ther ewas a product demonstration in the supermarket with crumpets.
You spread tomato sauce on them and then as much mustard as you like. Cover with slices of cheese and grill. I used to use one of those small bench top thingees which cooked both sides at once. I guess you could toast the crumpets first.
These were soooo tasty.

jbsouthland, May 21, 10:22pm
whats marmite !. ;)

sarahb5, May 21, 10:48pm
My kids do something similar with English muffins - make them into mini pizzas for after school snacks