Alison Holst's Bread Book.

agave1, May 22, 9:44pm
Is awesome!

I have made - Rice Bread - lovely and moist and I use cooked brown rice in it to give us our wholegrains.

and I've also made - Foccacia Bread which turned out fantastic too, great for dipping in seafood chowder.

I cheat and do all the mixing and proving in the breadmaker, then at the end of the dough cycle, I just turn it out, shape it, put it in its tin, let it rise again, then bake.

Am so pleased with the Rice Bread, I have stopped buying bread and this is now our regular daily bread.My child loves it too as it's moist and soft.

indy95, May 22, 9:55pm
Agave1, I absolutely agree with you about the Rice Bread. It is moist but still has some texture to it and children seem to like it as you say, or at least some of them anyway. I have also stopped buying bread and find real satisfaction in making my own again.

geldof, May 22, 9:57pm
Is the rice bread Gluten free!

agave1, May 22, 10:02pm
no, it's used with flour, and using a cup of whole cooked rice.maybe you could adapt the flour!

geldof, May 22, 10:03pm
Sounds good.Are you able to post the recipe please!

agave1, May 22, 10:08pm
sure, but may take a while cause my fingers are freezing this morning!

geldof, May 22, 10:09pm
Thanks.No rush.I'll check back later.

lindylambchops1, May 22, 11:50pm
I love that book too & I love my bread maker.You have enthused me to try the Rice bread, thanks.

Happy Bread making & baking!

village.green, May 22, 11:55pm
I have that book too and agree the Rice Bread recipe is very good.

agave1, May 23, 12:48am
Be careful how much water in the Rice Bread recipe though - I use brown rice which seems to hold more water, therefore I don't need so much in the recipe.

agave1, May 23, 6:25am
Rice Bread

3 t Surebake yeast
1 1/4 cups warm water (but I use way less)
2 t sugar
1 1/2 salt
2 T oil
3 T non-fat milk powder
1 cup wholemeal flour
2 cups high grade flour
1 cup cooked rice (i use brown rice)

Put all ingredients into a bread machine and mix and prove using the 'dough' option.
After that is finished, take it out and mold it and put it into a tin.Put in a warm place until it has risen again.
Bake for 200 degrees for 30 mins.

geldof, May 23, 7:14am
Thanks so much, agave1.
I'll have a play with the recipe.