Dinner party ideas.

macandrosie, May 23, 8:51am
I'm hosting a dinner party next weekend, got the main & dessert organised but stuck on entree ideas, does anyone have some favourite recipes they would like to share please! Not too complex tho! Thanks so much in advance!

m41, May 23, 9:14am
Stuffed mushrooms alway quick and yumo!

kinna54, May 23, 10:38am
Crumbed camenbert with a nice tart cranberry sauce,(recipe posted underneath)chilli prawn skewers, goats cheese tart,streaky bacon wrapped asparagus with creamy hollandaise sauce, or if it's a cold night maybe serve a lovely leek, potato, and bacon soup, with a crusty slice of garlic bread.
Also depends upon what you are having for main, as you don't want to have one theme conflicting with another.

kinna54, May 23, 10:41am
Crumbed Camembert (or Brie)

This may be served as a starter or as a dessert.

Serve plain withcherries or grapes, with a side accompaniment of tartcranberry sauce .

Cut cheese into bite sized wedges.
Dip into flour, thenbeaten egg,, and then into veryfinely crushed wine biscuits . Repeat the egg and crumb layers to reacha firm, fairly thick coating.
Refrigerate until needed. The cheese should be very cold when cooked.

About 10 mins before serving take from the fridge and using a slotted spoon deep fry ina small pot of hot oil (200C)Remove and drain on absorbent paperas soon as the crumbed coating is golden brown.
If cut immediately thecheese inside will be runny, if left to stand for 5 mins the inside will be firmer.

olwen, May 23, 10:54am
Crumbed chicken livers.

Buy fresh chicken livers only.Frozen ones never taste right for this.
Trim fatty bits and any membrane and cut into nice bite-sized pieces.
Make crumbs from stale bread.Add a little chicken stock, sesame seeds, and herbs to taste (thyme and oregano are nice), and spices (I use smoked paprika and sumac).Soak livers in milk for an hour or 2.Flour, dip in beaten egg with a little milk and then coat with crumbs.Put in one layer covered in the fridge for an hour or so to firm a little.Shallow fry quickly with enough butter and oil to come about halfway up, turning when brown on one side.(Don't overcook, just pink in the middle is right)Place on paper towels to drain and keep warm.Serve with a tangy sauce (plum, cumberland, cranberry etc).

They taste like a little explosion of pate, and I'll polish any left over off cold.