Son is mad on wanting to try a curry dish,

bellaclare, May 22, 9:57am
can somebody give me a recipe please that is not over the top,son is 13 . he loves chicken curry . thanks

bexter2, May 22, 10:06am
id give you a cracker sri lankan black chicken curry but too long to type, its a 150 yr old recipie, see if you can google it

bexter2, May 22, 10:09am

janny3, May 22, 1:53pm
Easy Chicken curry: Fry onions til translucent then add in garlic, stirring for about a minute.Then fry in cumin seeds til they pop/toast (about a minute) then also fry in your favourite curry powder (try both Pams & Bryndavin rather than Greggs etc) for about a minute.

Brown chopped whole chicken (bones & all best flavour) & diced spuds in your pan. Add water, & salt to taste. Simmer until cooked.

baalamb, May 22, 7:19pm
Personally I use a jar of Pataks Chicken Korma or Mango Chicken - have more success with those than trying to make my own!

bellaclare, May 22, 10:29pm
thanks everyone .

malcovy, May 23, 3:48am
Try this one as it is easy, quick and delicious.
Ingredients
2 cups long grain rice
1/2 tsp each of powdered ginger, chilli, turmeric,
cinnamon, garam masala, salt
450g chicken breast, cubed
25g butter
1 brown onion, peeled and finely diced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 to 4 TBS tomato paste
1 cup cream

Place rice in a large pot, and top with three cups of cold water. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, turn the heat right down, put a lid on top and simmer for 12-14 minutes. Take off the heat, and leave covered for five minutes. Pop a dried bay leaf in the pot when cooking for a subtle aroma, or squeeze a little lime juice over the cooked rice to add a delicate citrus tang.

Meanwhile, make your flavour base. Combine the ginger, chilli, turmeric, cinnamon, garam masala and salt in a bowl. Add more chilli if you prefer a bit more heat (remember that this is a typically milder curry which accounts for easily-startled Western tastebuds). Toss this mixture through the chicken, coating evenly.

In a wide saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking for two minutes.

Add the chicken to the pan, cook a further five minutes, stirring frequently.
Finally, add the tomato paste and cream, stirring to create an even consistency, and cook a final five minutes. Try adding only a few tablespoons of tomato paste initially, and add more as your palate requires.

Serve the chicken over the rice.

iriegirl, May 23, 4:29am
This is a really nice curry from Allyson Gofton, and possibly a good one to start your lad off with. I personaly double all the spices, however it is still very tasty the way it is. I cook mine in the electric frying pan and cook for longer than suggested, probably an hour and the chicken just falls off the bones :o)
Chicken and cashew nut curry
1.5 kilograms chicken thigh pieces
2 tablespoons butter, preferably unsalted
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions
4 large, juicy cloves garlic
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
½ teaspoon each chilli powder, ground coriander, cloves and cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1½ tablespoons flour
3 cups chicken stock
140 grams cashews, roasted (I often just use unroasted)
Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan and add the chicken pieces. Brown, turning to prevent sticking. When well browned, transfer to a plate.
Peel and slice the onions. Peel and chop the garlic. Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the pan with all the spices and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes over a moderate heat until fragrant. Stir regularly.
Add the flour and cook a further mintue. Stir in the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for ten minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan and cook for about 30-35 minutes until the pieces are well cooked.
Process two-thrids of the cashews in a blender or food processor until finely chopped but not powdered. Add to the pan with the remaining whole cashews. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with yoghurt and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve on Basmati rice.

bellaclare, May 23, 11:12am
yummmmmmmmmm thanks iriegirl .

bisloy, May 24, 2:59am
This is so yummy and easy and quick! Use the chilli to regulate the heat -
420g tin of Woolies chick peas
2 Tblsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic (crushed) or 3 tsps garlic from a jar
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp sweet paprika
½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
400 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 a tin coconut cream
1 tsp salt
Heat oil and cook onion until coloured. Add ginger, spices and seeds and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes, coconut cream and chickpeas and cook until thickened.

guest, Jan 11, 8:15am
Thkniing like that shows an expert's touch

guest, Jan 13, 1:47pm
Cassie, when great coupons like this pop up right after you've oreedrd some, what do you do? I'm never sure. They suggest putting them on hold, but when it's a good BOGO or something, I'm always paranoid that when I go back in a couple of days to add coupons to the order & mail, it'll be gone. On the other hand I also hate the idea of adding needless coupons I know I won't use to hit the minimum limit of 4 so they'll mail immediately. Then I feel I'm wasting trees, etc. I'd appreciate your thoughts (or anyone else's!)J

guest, Jan 14, 9:57am
It still surprises me, just how lot of plpeoe are not aware about Kinovelax Diet Plan (do a search on google), although lots of plpeoe get good result because of it. Thanks to my cousin who told me about Kinovelax Diet Plan, I've lost crazy amounts of weight by using it without starving myself.