Frozen milk,

angeldrawers, May 23, 9:51am
We, in my infinite wisdom(not), froze several bottles of milk for a time when we need milk but have no means of getting it. Now we are using it to keep it rotated etc but when thawed its not mixing back together. Am going to try slowly heating it up tomorow but failing that what other things can i do to use it up etc! Thank you!

mig1, May 23, 10:01am
angeldrawers, I freeze milk all the time and have been doing so for several years.Let it thaw out properly and then shake it back together.It thaws with a layer of watery milk on the top and this needs to be thoroughly mixed back into the milk.I only freeze the two litre containers and find this no problem.

goldgurl, May 23, 6:12pm
what ^ said.No problem here either.I also freeze 2lt bottles

angie117, May 23, 6:27pm
I freeze milk all the time and have no problem. You must let it thaw I leave mine on the bench over night, once thawed give a good shake and back in fridge, and its good to go.

bunny51, May 24, 12:55am
we used to freeze milk all t he time too and never had any problems either

harrislucinda, May 24, 2:03am
wefreezemilkalsoandletthawslowlybutstillhavethatproblemwithcreamnotmixingbackinSothistimedecidedtoscoopthecreamoffandthenbottleitto seehow thatworks

coolnzmum, May 24, 2:10am
We freeze 3 litre bottles.I leave in fridge to thaw but it does take couple of daysto completely thaw out so no good for emergency supply lol.Then a good shake before using it.No problems

sarahb5, May 24, 4:28am
Same here - just have to remember to shake it - we buy 3 litre bottles and freeze them as soon as we buy them.It's usually the teenage boys who forget to shake .

sarahb5, May 24, 4:29am
I leave mine to thaw overnight in the laundry sink

wheelz, May 24, 7:21am
Probably the full cream milk separates, not a problem with the other types. Cream I find does not freeze and thaw to its original condition.

angel404, May 24, 7:50am
i buy silvertop or raw milk and freeze it. And while it sometimes doesnt mix back together properly its still drinkable.