Nice finger food with blue cheese

suzanne39, May 22, 5:16am
doe anyone know of a nice simple recipe to make for finger food using blue cheese!

davidt4, May 22, 5:35am
Fresh walnut halves
150 g blue cheese at room temperature
150 g unsalted butter
2 tab brandy or cognac

Mix the cheese, butter and brandy to a smooth paste.Sandwich the walnut halves with a generous tsp of the paste.Keep refrigerated until 20 minutes before serving, serve at room temperature.

winnie231, May 22, 6:18am
Blue Cheese Dip

Mix equal quantities of sour cream, mayonnaise & crumbled blue cheese.
Season to taste with salt, pepper & lemon juice.
Serve with pita crisps & vege strips.

**You can add chopped chives, parsley, and/or garlic if you want.

dibble35, May 22, 6:43am
those sound so good, I dont have any brandy or cognac or i'd make the first one, but i'll def try the 2nd - thanks

lodgelocum, May 22, 7:29am
Blue cheese spread on celery slices yum

jetxr8, May 22, 8:26am
Cubes of blue cheese with cubes of quince paste.Divine!

elliehen, May 22, 9:31am
Fresh pears are a great match with blue cheese.

jimmy2102, May 22, 6:10pm
toast half cup walnut halves in a fry pan, at the end add 1 teaspoon honey and mix well, serve with blue cheese on crostini.

smudge75, May 22, 10:15pm
Very similar to the one above, just oh so devine. Toasted ciabatta bread slices, top with soft, crumbled blue vein, top with toasted chopped walnuts and drizzle with manuka honey! You will want it everyday of the week

sherrie, May 22, 10:29pm
Mini cheese puffs sliced across on an angle on the top with blue cheese and spinach filling or put abit of relish with blue cheese is good!

mackenzie2, May 23, 12:47am
I use equal quantitys of blue cheese and cream cheese, I then roll them into a sausage shape, and roll them in chopped toasted walnuts, serve with a very plain cracker. Yummy

indy95, May 23, 4:29am
Dried figs go well with blue cheese too.

suzanne39, May 24, 4:51am
this is prob a dumb question but do you eat the crosstini cold or do you heat it up

nunesy, May 24, 6:02am
Alison Holst has a good recipe for Brocolli and Blue Cheese muffins.I don't even like blue cheese but made these when I got given some and loved them!Simple recipe too.I lost it but I'm sure you could google it.

mackenzie2, May 25, 1:02am
Either way is fine, but cold is prob more common

mwood, May 25, 1:12am
agreed + cold beer