Liquid Conversions

crumpy06, May 25, 6:19pm
Can someone please tell me how many mls a quart equates too! Am going to do a cauliflower pickle my nana used to make and she has old fashioned measurements. TIA.

mercbens, May 25, 6:58pm
Hi, take a look at this site

http://www.calculateme.com/Volume/Quarts/ToMilliliters.htm

1 Quart = 946.352945 Milliliters

You can Google any conversions. Type in convert .

cgvl, May 26, 1:47am
a quart is equal to 2 pints a pint in NZ was/is 600mls. so in my calculations and what I use is 1.2lt of fluid.
2 pints = 1 quart = 1.2lt
4 pints =½ gallaon = 2.4lt
8 pints = 2 quarts = 1 gallon = 4.8lts
other imperial measurements for the 60's are
1tsp =5mls
2tsp =1dessertspoon = 10mls
4tsp = 1Tbsp =20ml

Just a warning be careful using conversion charts as American conversions for pints etc are different from English/Australian/NZ. For instance an American litre is less in volume than ours.

elliehen, May 26, 1:51am
You don't even need a website.Just type into the google search bar:

1 quart =

and all the possible conversions will come up instantly.

olwen, May 26, 6:43am
An american liter is exactly the same as our litre. It is an international standard.But an american pint isas opposed to ours at .
The american maths book I had at high school told us "A pint's a pound the world around".
It lied.
We were taught "A pint of water's an pound and a quarter"

mwood, May 27, 2:31am
One US fluid pint of water weighs approximately one pound (16 ounces), resulting in the popular saying, “The pint’s a pound, the world around.” The saying is incorrect, since 1 US pint weighs 1.04375 pounds, and does not apply the world around, because the imperial pint used in Britain and its former colonies weighs 1.25 pounds. A different, but equally useful saying for the imperial pint is “A pint of pure water weighs a pound and a quarter.”