Easy pumpkin soup recipe please

Page 1 / 2
tansmum, May 20, 8:46am
Does anyone have a recipe for pumpkin soup that doesnt need a blender or exotic ingredients

angel404, May 20, 9:18am
pumpkin, onion, whatever other vege u have in kitchen, salt n pepper, chicken stock and a spud, oh and some nutmeg and garlic. Thats all i put in mine. You dont have to blend it :)

flagheaven, May 20, 9:31am
cut up small pumpkin , onion , carrot and boil till carrot is tender - mash.
In another bowl bowl add 1 cup water and heaped teaspoon of maggi chicken stock - heat in microwave - chuck in to pumpkin mix.stir and heat up till hot enough to eat.

garlic bread is nice with this and a blob of sour cream once in soup bowl tops it off - and lots a pepper and salt over that !

yummy

tansmum, May 20, 10:38am
yay thanks heaps Im going to make a big batch and freeze some since I can feel my self getting a cold and dont want to cook all week hehe thanks :)

harrislucinda, May 20, 10:55am
sameherejustcubpumpkin,onionkumerapotatoseasonaddcumminintochicken stockboiluntil tenderthenmash

nik12, May 20, 12:13pm
You don't need a blender (I do use a stick one know though I'll admit), just frizzle some onion in maybe 50gms butter, chuck in chopped up pumpkin (if you nuke if first 'till it's soft that's helpful getting the skin off) and chicken stock to cover. could be out of the box stuff, or oxo cube.I tend to add a bit of potato just to make it go further, and a bit of curry powder.Depends how much your making, how much curry!My big pot is a teaspoon full, if I was doing a big stock pot full I'd do 3t full. but that's all to taste really!

rosel4, May 20, 1:06pm
Grate or finely dice up about 1kg pumpkin, onions, a clove (or 2) garlic.Saute the onions & garlic then stir in your pumpkin & stir to coat.Add in chicken stock & bring to the boil.Simmer until pumpkin is cooked soft.Then mash the lot.If you want it smoother, then push it through a sieve & return to the pot.Whisk in some cream and a little more stock to thin it out & heat through.Salt & black pepper to taste.

crumpy06, May 25, 8:06pm
pumkpin, orange kumara.cut into cubes and cook till tender.blend then put back into a large pot. add some coconut milk, curry, bit of nutmeg, some sugar, bit of salt. add more milk or cream to make soup a thinner consistency

gardie, May 25, 8:19pm
I always put onion and celery into the pot with my pumpkin.If I don't have celery, I use celery seed instead.Mmmm - might be an idea for our lunch guests tomorrow.

pigletnz25, May 26, 1:26am
How much water, or is it just covered. Has someone got a way to do it in the slow cooker.Many thianks

elliehen, May 26, 1:57am
Pumpkin is very watery, so just covered.I add curry powder to mine at the oil/onion/garlic stage.

woodsboro, May 26, 4:12am
I always roast the pumpkin in the oven first, gives it a lot more flavour.

takemeopshoppin, May 26, 5:35am
adding a tablespoon or two of peanut butter makes it fab!

trader125, May 26, 6:17am
Same here, made last night for my family, roasted pumpkin& garlic bulb , while that was roasting cooked some onion & bacon pieces added vegestock,mashed pumpkin in oven dish squeezed garlic out with it, mixed all together added a Lil cream was so yummy, but defiantly roast pumpkin all the time now

chooky, May 26, 6:20am
Cooked up a large grey pumpkin today, carrots, onions, garlic, an old brocollie that was going limp, whizz it up with my stick, then I added sweet chillie sauce just to give it a bite. Yummy

sossie1, May 26, 6:22am
coconut milk and some Thai seasoning is good as well

kismet41, May 26, 6:50am
ooh - thats what I can try - coconut milk.Just had the pumpkin, onion, kumara, stock and curry powder in the crockpot all day and used the stick blender on it when I walkedin.Easy as.I forgot the nutmeg though.And I never thought of peanut butter.That sounds like it could be interesting.

tramore, May 28, 1:37am
Just a quick addition.if you have no coconut milk, just use ordinary milk and flavour with coconut essence.Does the trick!I always do this instead of buying coconut milk.

skata, May 28, 2:21am
I always put my pumpkin in the microwave first, makes it very soft and easy to peel.I also add a couple of tins of creamed sweetcorn, potato and onion.

j.lines, May 28, 4:23am
I just made some in crook pot, pumkin, garlic (3 cloves) red onion and chicken stock. On high for 4 hrs, them mash it up.
Yummy as. its for tea tonight

mopsy3, May 29, 12:24am
I used to just cut the lid off a pumpkin, scoop out pips, pour in chicken stock and microwave. Then scoop out all flesh into pot and add anything else I felt like adding. Was very simple and very yummy way of making it.

vintagekitty, May 29, 1:08am
I have just made the best pumpkin soup ever - The very best soup ive ever tasted before. The king of pumpkin soups. I have just had 2 bowls for lunch YUMMO

hesian, May 29, 1:23am
About half kg of pumpkin, peeled, deseeded,one onion, two tomatoes (tinned ok or even T or more tomato paste) 1 -2 cups chicken stock.Cook till soft. Blend or whizz.Then adjust flavourings eg salt, pepper, more stock to taste.Can add a little lemon juice (nice) and/or 1 -2 t curry powder and half t brown sugar.But I made it last night without the curry powder and sugar and also used tomato paste as had run out of tomatoes.

Probably need the sugar when using fresh tomatoes.

I do this in the microwave and use one of those new microwave casseroles/vegie steamers but would imagine would work in any covered microwave proof bowl.(microwaves in 7 mins)So only takes me about 15 - 20 minutes with the chopping.(I do this pretty roughly and quickly).

We often eat this with with what we call 'roll ups" -those turkish wraps with salad and whatever I have to hand.Last nite had some chickpeas - quickly fried from tin with tamari (ordinary soy probably ok) and some grated ginger (grate from freezer) and yoghurt and salad but have put leftovers and all sorts in these wraps to eat with soup. Sometimes use peanut butter or tahini spread on wrap first.

janny3, May 31, 12:35pm
Please share your recipe!

tigerlilly16, May 31, 1:02pm
I don't own a blender, I use a masher!
*waits for shocked inhales of breath*