How do you make your lollie Cake

petal89, May 24, 11:08pm
After a simple Lollie recipe I did have the recipe but lost belongings in a house fire 2 months ago, also what other creations do you make when you make lollie cake!

jessie981, May 24, 11:42pm
Go into the lefthand message board. Under keyword put lolly cake. Under key word put anytime. Recipes there. Good eating.

245sam, May 25, 12:14am
petal89, sorry to read of your house fire.Below is the recipe I use for Lolly Cake - when you ask " also what other creations do you make when you make lollie cake!", are you wanting suggestions on what to make with the remaining ½ can sweetened condensed milk!Assuming that, that is what you're wanting, I will include another couple of recipes that we enjoy, each using ½ can sweetened condensed milk.

LOLLY CAKE
115g butter
½ x 397g can sweetened condensed milk
1 x 250g packet malt biscuits, crushed
1 x 180g packet Fruit Puffs or Eskimoes or Licorice Allsorts, chopped

Warm the butter and sweetened condensed milk together until melted.Remove from the heat and add the crushed biscuits and the chopped sweets.Mix well, then form into a log and roll in coconutORpress into a 19cm square tin.Refrigerate.
Note:1 packet fruit puffs=56 puffs.

APRICOT FUDGE CAKE
115g butter
85g brown sugar
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
1 x 250g packet wine biscuits, crushed
½ cup firmly packed, chopped dried apricots
caster sugar

Heat the butter, brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk just until the butter melts.Remove from the heat and add the biscuits and the apricots.Mix well, then press the mixture into a greased and base-lined 19cm square tin.Allow to set for a few minutes, then sprinkle the top with caster sugar.Set in the refrigerator, then cut into fingers

CARAMEL CRUMBLE
Caramel Topping:
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp golden syrup
¼ cup brown sugar
57g (2oz) butter

Mix all the topping ingredients together in a bowl over hot water for 5 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool slightly.

Base:
1½ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
114g (½ cup) sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
114g (4oz) butter, melted

Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the vanilla essence and the melted butter and mix to a fairly soft crumbly consistency.Press approximately two thirds-three quarters of this crumbly mixture into a greased sponge roll tin, then spread the caramel topping over.Sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture.
Bake at180ºCfor20-30 minutes.Allow to cool then cut into fingers or squares.

Hope that helps and all the best to you as you gather together again the things you miss most after such a heartbreaking event as a house fire.
:-))

kinna54, May 25, 12:19am
Luv it made with choc thin bics instead of malt.can add chopped strawberry hearts, or pineapple lumps etc,
but my all time favourite is dark choc thins, and after dinner mints.an awesome treat or great for a dessert platter.

petal89, May 25, 12:56am
Ohhhhh yum! I dont think you can go wrong with any creations with Lollie cake! I just have the basic stuff just needed the correct measurements for it! I will get creative and make something yum! My daughter turns 1 tomorrow!
:-) always go down a treat :-)

mackenzie2, May 25, 1:00am
I make a big batch with 250gms butter, 1 tin condenced milk, 2 pkts of crushed malt bisc and either eskimo men, bananas, fruit puffs or allsorts, I mix all then put into a paper lined and coconut sprinkled tin, spread out, press down and then sprinke top with coconut, into fridge, I find doing it in the tin, easier and goes further

bunny51, May 25, 1:23am
Thats how i make it too. (Sometimes I use chocolate coatred biscuits -like the chocolate girl guide biscuits or chocolate thins etc)

korban, May 25, 1:29am
Now I want some lolly log to eat!

sonns79, May 25, 8:19am
Can also make it with wine biscuits and liqrice allsorts and coconut.

petal89, May 26, 3:25am
I have made a slice rather than a log, I did on pk of choco chip biscuits/ and malt biscults! some fruit puffs and some licorice alsorts,butter, condensmilk and coconut will see how it all turns out!

beausun, May 30, 8:58am
As well as the fruit puffs, I always put chopped soft jubes in it and chopped walnuts.

pricey1, Jun 2, 9:15am
As well as eskimos try chocolate fish cut up.

vetty1, Jun 10, 3:22am
I use little marshmallows instead of eskimos it is the best!

angel361, Jun 10, 6:11am
Yun apricot fudge cake - anyone tried it, that was very kind of you to add in the extra recipies using the other half of the can, i love lolly cake!