Cream brulee recipe help?

iman007, May 29, 9:41pm
Ive got eqc at home at the moment and all my recipe books and stuff all locked away in garage.I am goin to have dinner at my sons tonight and his wife loves my cream brulee, have googled the recipe and cant seem to find the 1 i want.From memory it was 500ml cream/ and/or cup milk! thats the bit i cant remember, 6 free range egg yolks 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla extract.I know heat and cooking times, but confused about adding milk! Part of me says yes and part says no.Help needed before 3pm today as thats when i will go home and make it.My original recipe is from a cooking mag i get every 2 or 3 months, cant remember the name of it though! Cuisine! help!

kassie48, May 29, 9:46pm
Go into the lefthand message board & under keyword type cream brulee. Under keyword use drop down for last year. Recipes there. Enjoy

iman007, May 29, 9:48pm
thanx, but done that and cant find the one that rings a bell, if you know what i mean!

kassie48, May 29, 9:58pm
Yes, good luck. Someone will come in & help. Cookessentials recipes are always good

600ml cream
vanilla pod, split, scraped
6 egg yolks
55g caster sugar
caster sugar, for brulee topping

Preheat oven to 160;Cor 140C- fan-forced. Put kettle on to boil.

Combine cream and vanilla pod in a medium saucepan. Bring just to a boil, before removing from the heat.

Meanwhile, beat yolks and sugar together in large bowl until well combined. Pour warm milk over yolk mixture, stirring continuously.

Strain mixture into a medium jug; remove any bubbles from the surface using a slotted spoon. Pour into four 3/4 cup ramekins. Place in deep baking dish. Gently transfer to preheated oven, before pouring boiling water into the baking dish to come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Bake 20-25 minutes or until desserts are lightly set with a distinct wobble in the centre. Remove from baking dish and refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or until very cold.

To brulee the desserts: evenly sprinkle each dessert with approximately 2 teaspoons caster sugar. Light blow torch, and gently caramelise sugar to create a hard caramel layer. Take care not to burn the sugar. Alternatively, place cold water and ice in the baking dish and preheat the grill to its hottest setting. Sprinkle desserts with sugar; grill, 5-10 minutes or until sugar is evenly caramelised. Watch carefully to ensure the sugar does not burn. It is somewhat easier to use a blowtorch.
Let the desserts stand a little while before serving so you dont burn your lips on the hot topping.

cookessentials (1199 )9:17 am, Sat 20 Aug #9

iman007, May 29, 10:02pm
thanx for that, will do this one, for some reason i thought a cup of milk with the cream, must be thinking of another recipe.Cheers kassie

iman007, May 30, 9:59pm
done, was good! pats on back,lol

meegs35, Jun 1, 5:38am
Just a tip.use icing sugar instead as it caramelises way quicker and very evenly