Super decadent cheesecake recipes please!

luvmykicks, May 25, 1:58am
I need your amazing cheesecake recipes. The more decadent and over the top, the better. I've never made cheesecake before but I'm a confident baker so I'm not too bothered if it sounds hard, thanks :)

cappucino1, May 25, 2:35am
Stick Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce

100gm buttersnap biscuits, crushed
20gm butter, melted
375gm cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 t vanilla
1 egg

2 t plain flour
5 fresh dates, chopped
1 cup brown sugar
80 gm butter
1/3 cup cream

Combine biscuit crumbs and melted butter, press mix into base of a lined tin. Chill.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in egg and stir throgh flour and dates.pour filling onto base.Bake at 160 for 25 mins until just set. Cool in oven with door ajar.Chill.

Combine brown sugar, extra butter and cream in saucepan, stirring over low heat for 5 mins until thickened.

cappucino1, May 25, 3:36am
Caramel cheesecake

Biscuit base
125g (½ a packet) digestive biscuits, crushed
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
50g butter, melted

Cheesecake filling
125g cream cheese
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
400g can caramel condensed milk
2 tsp gelatine powder
¼ cup boiling water
150ml cream
100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
50ml cream

1. Place biscuit crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a bowl and stir to combine. Spread evenly into the base of a 24cm deep-sided, loose-bottomed tart tin and press down well.

2. In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until smooth, then beat in caramel.

3. Sprinkle gelatine over measured boiling water in a small bowl and stir until gelatine has dissolved. Set aside to cool a little, then beat into cream cheese mixture.

4. Whip cream until stiff peaks form, then fold into cream cheese mixture. oelt chocolate and second measure of cream together and stir until smooth. Add ¹/³ cup cream cheese mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.

5. Pour cream cheese filling over prepared base, dot with chocolate mixture and create swirls by dragging the tip of a knife through the mixture. Refrigerate overnight to set. Slice to serve. Store covered in the fridge.

luvmykicks, May 25, 4:34am
May just have to sample these before I decide haha

kinna54, May 25, 5:33am
Caramel and Chocolate Cheesecake
200g toffee pop biscuits
40gms butter (melted)
250gm pkt cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
3 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
3/4 cup thickened cream (whipped)
#1 lightly grease the sides and line the base of a *22cm springform pan* with baking paper or foil.
Place biscuits in a plastic bag and break into pieces with a rolling pin. *biscuits should not be totally crushed*. Reserve 1/4 cup biscuits.
Place remaining biscuits into a bowl and add butter
Mix and press into base of the prepared pan. Chill.
#2 Using electric beaters beat cream cheese and sugar until softened and combined.
Add sour cream and beat till smooth. Fold gelatine through whipped cream and then fold through cream cheese mixture.
#3 Fold in reserved biscuits. Spread mix over the chilled biscuit base. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hrs until set, or overnight if possible.
Serve with chocolate sauce, cream and chocolate curls.
This delicious cheesecake just melts in your mouth. divine.
*Note dish size:If using anything larger it pays to double the base mix.

sossie1, May 25, 5:36am
I don't have a recipe, but our local cafe makes a chocolate brownie base cheescake, and it is just .drool drool. which is why I don't go near the place!

luvmykicks, May 25, 8:05am
This sounds amazing!

nadineb, May 29, 5:30am
Mrs Pattersons Cheesecake

1 pkt of malt biscuits
5 ounces of butter melted (very old recipe)
crush biscuits and mix with melted butter and put into tin
1 pkt of cream cheese
5 ounces of sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla -optional I do not use it
1 large tin of crushed pineapple drain(keep the juice for a topping)
3 tsps gelatine
1/2 cup really hot water
Dissolve Gelatine in hot water .Mix cream cheese and sugar until well mixed and then add drained pineapple mix then add vanilla and gelatine /hot water and add to rest of the ingredients and mix then put into tin on the biscuit base.

Leave to chill can put this topping on if you want I do

Topping optional as well
Pineapple juice
1 dessertspoon of cornflour
Boil juice and cornflour together mix both together before heating and then boil stirring until syrupy spread onto chilled pineapple base
With this cheesecake you can also put into a flatter tin and cut into squares

geldof, May 29, 5:47am

melisk, May 31, 2:33am
Thanks for the mention gelof (I'm the one who set up Baking Makes Things Better).Go to our 'Recipe index' page to see what other cheesecake recipes we have - I love the Baileys Mars bar one and my other fave are the mint choc one, the oreo one and the plain chocolate one.Mmmmm.

http://www.bakingmakesthingsbetter.com/p/index.html

iriegirl, May 31, 3:04am
Here's a fairly decadent one.
Mint chocolate Tim Tam cheesecake
Base
1 packet Oreo cookies
50g melted butter
Filling
250g cream cheese
250g sour cream
150g sweetened condensed milk
3 tsp gelatine
6 tsp hot water
220g white chocolate
50ml of crème de menthe Or
1 tsp green food colouring and
½ tsp peppermint essence
1 packet ofMint chocolate TimTams
1.Crush Oreo cookies and mix with the melted butter.Press into a 20cm spring-form pan and put it in the fridge until cool.You could use whatever biscuits you have, but may need to adjust the butter.
2.Beat the cream cheese well then add the sour cream and condensed milk.Beat well.
3.Melt the white chocolate on the stove over a low heat, or in the microwave in short bursts.Beat into the cream cheese mixture.
4.Add the gelatine into the hot water and stir, making sure it dissolves (as much as possible anyway), then add to the cream cheese mixture. Add the 50ml of crème de menthe, or one teaspoon of green food colouring and ½ a teaspoon of peppermint essence, stir to combine.
5.Put Tim Tams in a plastic bag and crush lightly with a rolling pin, leaving some larger pieces. Fold gently into cream cheese mixture. Chill for a few hours until set.
You could also do a rum & raisin cheesecake using rum or rum essence to replace the creme de menthe/peppermint essence, food colouring and rum & raisin TimTams. Or another mix could be using turkish delight TimTams and diced turkish delight and flavour with some rose water, the possibilities are endless!

luvmykicks, Jun 14, 6:52am
I'm making the chocolate and caramel cheesecake tomorrow night so if it fails I still have a day to make it again before the dinner party on Saturday night!

kinna54, Jun 14, 8:35am
I'm sure you will enjoy it! Just remember the tip on the dish size.

sossie1, Jun 14, 8:37am
I don't have a recipe, so you will have to google, but our local cafe makes a chocolate brownie cheescake.

brownie base, with a caramel cheescake topping.

it is soooooo decadent

sunny, Jun 16, 6:59am
Bounty Bar and Malabu cheesecake!
Made this for my wedding an there wasnt a piece left
Gorgious!