Tony on Masterchef

Page 1 / 4
fetish, May 31, 1:11am
OMG I could not believe what he did, maybe he should be called Tony The Rat ! When I watched the girls swapping the ingredients my thought was how nice it was to see healthy friendly competition & that they would rather win by their cooking skills rather than a simple easy made mistake, until Tony decided to become the cooking rat of NZ !Why on earth do that ! It's all taped, the judges etc would of known about it either way, even though honestly I don't see an issue, besides maybe it's better tv to MAKE it an issue.

As for me, he was my fave, no more, I think what he did wasn't just wrong, it was low & an underhanded way of trying to wipe out the competition, which is a shame, as he seems to be a good cook, but obviously one with no faith in his own abilities as he'd rather get people booted off than honestly and fairly beat them with his actual cooking skills. Such a shame.

mwood, May 31, 1:22am
Of course the judges had fore knowledge of the swap - the program is edited - right ! They could still have questioned the girls and made their pre-considered judgement of them. What I found disturbing was their "entrapment" of Tony to establish his knowledge - already of course known to them - it was not as though he "ratted" by volunteering the information.

dezzie, May 31, 1:23am
I can't see him getting a very good reception in countdown doing a cooking demonstration after that, people will be stopping to tell him hes a self centred nark and throw tomatoes.

dezzie, May 31, 1:24am
oh, and lovely to see you fetish!

mwood, May 31, 1:27am
Then Heaven help the *STARS* of Shortland Street should you ever meet one them in Countdown LOL

elliehen, May 31, 3:05am
I wouldn't be surprised if some posters on other MBs stop them and ask for a diagnosis of their symptoms ;)

elliehen, May 31, 3:09am
I can't agree that that was 'healthy friendly competition'.It was more like 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'.

At this end of the competition all contestants should have grasped that what you forget from the pantry grab, you have to do without!

mecanix, May 31, 3:10am
It's meant to be a level playing field.It wasnt his fault the chicks decided to alter it.

herself, May 31, 4:01am
I think what they did was cheating and Tony was right to point that out.Sick of this attitude that telling the truth about someone is"narking".What happened to being honest and abiding by the rules!If you cheat then you should expect to pay the consequences,

tigerlilly16, May 31, 4:02am
But then in the next challenge he was seriously eyeing up Chelsea's aubergines (oooh errr) and looked like he was tempted to reach out and just swipe one, and more or less admitted that on the voiceover bit, I'm sure if there hadn't been that swapping incident in the previous challenge he would have asked her for some, but he couldn't because then he'd not only be a nark but a hypocritical nark. I think he is equally as opportunistic as the girls underneath it all.

dezzie, May 31, 4:04am
You saying the chefs on masterchef are actors playing a part then!

biggles45, May 31, 4:05am
I don't think the girls really thought about it. Under stress and they did what we do in real life every day! Chelsea told Tony what they had done, or he wouldn't have known. He went down in my estimation when he narked, but we only know part of the story. If he told the girls he felt it was cheating, they could have owned up before it came to the crunch. Who knows whether he did that or not!

elliehen, May 31, 4:09am
They're certainly directed and manipulated like actors by the show's producers ;)

mwood, May 31, 4:12am
No - I was suggesting that such persons at the supermarket, when encountering a Shortland Street actor might confuse the character, as directed by their TV Directors, and portrayed by that actor, with the TV character and offer them unsolicited advise LOL

charlieb2, May 31, 5:37am
Aint that the truth.Such fun! lol

I really dont think the girls thought about the swap too much at all.but who knows.

I had a chuckle at Tony and Aubergine-gate too. and thought the same thing as someone has said above!

pickles7, May 31, 5:49am
they cheated. they should have gone.
who , was angry last week!

casey12, May 31, 5:50am
I didnt mind what Tony did, what the girls did was cheat, no two ways about it.But I didnt like Anna's attitude at all - she (the girls) put him in an awkward position, felt sorry for him actually.Awww just wish that it wasnt Brenton that had to go, hes matured and grown on me.Go Chelsea!

neon2k, May 31, 5:52am
Can't believe all the people on here who think Tony is in the wrong and the two ladies who broke the rules are ok.What is it with that attitude. Stupid.

samanya, May 31, 5:56am
Yep, that's so true .rulz R rulz.but I think in the heat of the moment, they probably forgot about that & did the 'neighbourly' thing hence cheated without intent, sort of.
I don't know what I would have done in Tony's position .hard call, but he didn't do himself many favours in a lot of viewers eyes.

nfh1, May 31, 6:07am
He should not have had to 'tell on them' - I think he was set up - why else would the judges have asked if he had anything to tell them!

lodgelocum, May 31, 6:15am
I completely agree with you, Tony did nothing wrong, the two girls did, they were the ones that cheated with swapping products.For goodness sakes, there is $100k up for grabs.In a previous show when Tony wanted to go back into the pantry to get more goodies, he was stopped, there is no difference this time.They needed those items to make their meals better, just like he did when he was stopped.I am so sick of people going on about Tony, what would of happened if he had been sent home because his food was not good enough because he had forgotten some items, and didn't do a "swap".The girls were in the wrong, not Tony.

shop-a-holic, May 31, 6:47am
I agree with what Tony did.Imagine not speaking up and either him or Brenton went home!Tony was honest whilst others were not.
It's a competition and I also know what Donald Trump would have said. lol

duckmoon, May 31, 8:48am
I dont have a problem with Tony speaking up .

He didn't make the decision about the consequences, he just spoke of what he saw.

Which wasn't within the restrictions of the test which was "source your ingredients in the market " (I went back to see what their instructions where )

krazy_kat, May 31, 9:43am
I'm still confused as to how they broke the rules when the judges said there was no rule about trading ingrediants - hence they found a hole in the rule book.I don't think the girls should have gone home and they were made to feel bad enough about it, and yes Tony is a dipstick - why make yourself look like a nark when the whole country is watching.He won't be a popular masterchef if he wins.Go Ana!

krazy_kat, May 31, 9:44am
Technically they were cooking in the market so didn't they "source" their ingrediants from the market!