Need some ideas on what to do with

n.c, May 19, 10:42pm
a whole salmon that we are having for dinner. It has no head and been gutted so its ready to go. Never cooked one before and was hoping someone had some delicious recipe that I could use.

TIA!

(also in parenting)

chatsmom, May 19, 10:52pm
Salmon Fillet with Salsa Verde

1 large salmon fillet
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tsp sea salt
lime halves for squeezing

Salsa
1 cucumber
2 spring onions finely sliced
1/4 cup fresh herbs e.g. parsley dill mint
2 tbsp olive or lemon-infusedoil
1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
1 small clove of garlic

Preheat oven to 180dgCLine a large shallow baking dish with baking paper.Place salmon in dish, skin side down.
Combine oil, dill, lemon zest and salt andrub over fillet.Bake 15 - 20 mins (depending on thickness of fillet) until fish is just cooked at the centre.

Salsa-Deseed cucumber and finely dice flesh.Mix with spring onions, herbs, oil and citrus juice and garlic and season to taste.

marie196, May 19, 11:00pm
hot smoke it or stuff it and bake it or give it to me!

n.c, May 19, 11:05pm
What do you stuff it with!

Thanks for the other recipe - I would have to adjust it a bit as I dont have all those ingredients :-)

cgvl, May 19, 11:39pm
stuff it with lots of lemon slices, onion, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
Can also souse it but cant remember recipe and doubt I have it written down anywhere, but was basically baked as above except it sat I think in some vinegar and water mix.

winnie231, May 19, 11:45pm
Whole baked Salmon

2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
3 lemons sliced
2 spring onions
1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs - parsely, fennel

Preheat the oven to 200C
Wash the salmon and dry with paper towels.
Rub the salmon's surface with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place a very large sheet of aluminium foil inside a baking dish, allowing extra foil for wrapping the salmon.
Position the salmon on the foil, then place the lemon slices, spring onions and herbs in the cavity of the salmon and over its surface.
Fold over the foil to seal completely and bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through.
Serve with baby potatoes and steamed green vegetables.
Enjoy :)

n.c, May 20, 12:46am
Thanks guys

I stuffed it with some herb butter and lemon.Hopefully it will taste nice!