Sweetened condensed milk ideas

Page 1 / 2
lindsay26, Mar 12, 7:20am
What is the yummiest thing you can make with a can of sweetened condensed milk!

maximus44, Mar 12, 7:22am
A caramel slice or you could just eat it. I know, not good for you, but nice.

recycle_me, Mar 12, 7:50am
Banofee Pie.Put the can of condensed milk in a pot of hot water and boil it for 1hr.Then open the can, take out the toffee.Make a crumb crust out of gingernut biscuits and butter, pour or spoon over the toffee, slice on some bananas (which you have tossed in lemon juice to stop them going brown), and top with a good thick layer of whipped cream.

dbab, Mar 12, 10:00pm
Ice cream
Beat a 600ml bottle of cream till thick and then beat in a can of condensed milk. Add any flavourings you like.
I've added :
maple syrup
mashed banana or strawberries
crushed crunchie bars

spot20, Mar 13, 2:05am
caramel slice, the best choc chip cookies ,,,,,

craig04, Mar 13, 2:55am
Tan Squares - deeeelicious! Or a key lime pie

245sam, Mar 13, 2:58am
CARAMEL CRUMBLE
This slice is very like Tan Slice but just stirred together with no creaming of the butter and sugar. As its name suggests its topping is more crumbly but personally I like it better - to make and to eat!
Caramel Topping:
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp golden syrup,
¼ cup brown sugar
55g (2oz) butter

Mix all the topping ingredients together in a bowl over hot water for 5 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool slightly.
Base:
1½ cups flour.
1 tsp baking powder
115g (½ cup) sugar,
½ tsp vanilla essence,
115g (4oz) melted butter

Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the vanilla essence and the melted butter and mix to a fairly soft crumbly consistency. Press approximately two thirds-three quarters of this crumbly mixture into a greased sponge roll tin, then spread the caramel topping over. Sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture.
Bake at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes.
Allow to cool then cut into fingers or squares. :-))

jigsaw19, Mar 13, 9:25am
5 cup biscuits
1 can condensed milk, 1 cup choc chips, 1 cup oats, 1 cup sultanas 1 cup coconut. Mix together. Put in tspn dollops onto baking paper on baking tray
Cook 180deg for about 10-15mins (still gooey) remove, put on wire to cool, they will harden up.
MUST use baking paper else you'll never, ever,ever get them off the baking tray :-)

esther-anne, Mar 13, 9:59am
Hell how I love it!Poured over sliced banana - nothing else.A hangover from the war when you could almost never get either bananas or condensed milk.But when you did-hallelujah!

Reminding me again of the war-I was five when WW2 started ( living in my home in Lancashire, UK ) - and we only got dried egg powder.How my Mum managed the concoctions she did with this I'll never know but I enjoyed fantastic omelettes.When we could get eggs again I coudn't face them!

Sorry-just on the wings of memory!

elliehen, Mar 13, 10:08am
Don't ever apologise for your joie de vivre!If only people half your age had half your enthusiasm.

voyager4, Mar 13, 7:34pm
Highlander have a recipe book - see nestle

uli, Mar 14, 8:20am
caramel & white chocolate fudge
125 gr unsalted butter, 2 tablespoons golden syrup, 395 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup brown sugar, 100 gr white melts.
line a 7cm x 25 cm slice tin with alluminium foil. melt butter in pan. add golden syrup, sw/ cond /milk & the brown sugar.Stir over a low heat until boiling, reduce heat & simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat,add the white melts mix until smooth. pour into the bar pan lined with foil, refridgerate until set then cut into squares. If you haven't a bar pan use a small baking tin , & line it instead. enjoy
raebea (172 )10:30 pm, Sun 8 Jul

uli, Mar 14, 8:20am

uli, Mar 14, 8:23am
Low-carb recipe: sweetened condensed milk

1 cup nonfat dry milk
1/2 cup boiling water
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp Stevia

Combine all in a blender. Mix until well-blended. Makes the equivalent of one can of sweetened, condensed milk.

http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-recipe-sweetened-condensed.html

uli, Mar 14, 8:24am

pickles7, Mar 14, 5:08pm
salad dressing, I have got my husband off it at last. But a lot of folk still use it

kinna54, Mar 15, 1:44am
Neenish tarts, fudge cake *see the "biscuit cake" recipe on search, can be made in lots of flavours.

elliehen, Mar 15, 1:47am
FIVE posts in a row from uli promoting recipes using sweetened condensed milk!Someone new to Recipes could be forgiven for thinking that sweetened condensed milk is her latest secret vice.

Maybe it is ;)

uli, Mar 15, 7:55am
So what!

elliehen, Mar 15, 9:23am
It makes it so much more difficult to decide how seriously to take your posts.Just a short time ago you were posting about the pure white and deadly poison of sweetened condensed milk.

uli, Mar 16, 5:53am
It does not worry me what you think and how serious you take my posts ellie.

I think sweetened condensed milk is disgusting - I hate the taste, smell and consistency LOL :)
I never buy it and never use it - however some people LOVE it - so I provided some recipes.

The title of this thread is "Sweetened condensed milk ideas" . what is so hard to understand there ellie!

Are you being "the devils advocate" again, because you think no thread works without one . as you said somewhere else!

elliehen, Mar 16, 7:22am
It would certainly make more sense to let people who enjoy it post their recipes.unless you're wishing to make people who like it feel inferior.

uli, Mar 16, 8:55am
Why are my recipes not enjoyable if you enjoy this type of sweet milk!
What has it to do with me!

Why would you feel "inferior" if you like sweetened condensed milk and I do not! (Which I only posted by the way after your barbed comments further above).
Do you need some psychological attention maybe to not feel "inferior"!

And wouldn't it be nice if you kept your sniping out of all the threads you have posted "against" me in the last few days!

This is about recipes for sweetened condensed milk.
I posted some - you belittle me - instead of posting your favourites.

elliehen, Mar 16, 9:53am
.but I do think you are overly defensive and decidedly lacking in good humour.Maybe it's just tonight.You're usually a tough cookie ;)

clevercloggs, Mar 16, 8:40pm
I love sweetened condensed milk on freshly buttered toast. My hubby introduced me to it years ago. It is much nicer than jam to me.