Anyone made ginger icing?

lx4000, Mar 11, 9:25pm
has anyone added ginger (powered) to butter icing! Just gotta do the over kill on the ginger loaf I'm going to make into muffins :) Oh I will not be adding van ess, just butter icing sugar and water along with the ginger.

245sam, Mar 11, 9:40pm
lx4000, I haven't done so myself but.Your posting led me to check out various ginger recipes and most seem to use an icing that is made like ginger crunch icing, except for an Allyson Gofton Ginger Slice which has a butter icing with ground ginger + as most ginger icings seem to do, it includes golden syrup.Allyson's icing recipe is

75g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 tsp ground ginger
1½ cups icing sugar

Beat together the butter, golden syrup and ground ginger, until smooth.Add the icing sugar and beat well, adding a little water until the mixture is spreadable.

Hope that helps.:-))

elliehen, Mar 11, 9:40pm
Why not put chopped up crystallised ginger into a lemon juice icing!

lx4000, Mar 11, 10:32pm
mmMMmm both sound good and will try both! :)

Thanks 245sam and elliehen :)

suzanna, Mar 11, 11:22pm
My lot don't like icing so I often use lemon sugar syrup and then top with whatever I feel like which in this case would be chopped crystallised ginger and glace pineapple.

whitehead., Mar 11, 11:28pm
if you wont a fresh ginger taste grate green ginger and get the juice out of it in your icing you only need a few drops plus crystallised ginger .

barloo, Mar 16, 5:15am
oks, made a butter icing by rubbing soft butter into icing sugar then adding powdered ginger and a bit of water and beating for 5 or so mins. Its great. I also added chopped cyristilized (sp) ginger on top and went down Very very well:) Thanks