Battered Fish Please help!

fiona26, Mar 19, 8:06am
x1
I have tried to batter fish many time but just cant seem to get the batter to stay on the fish very well any ideas please TIA

kiwiscrapper1, Mar 19, 8:09am
Do you flour it first!

fiona26, Mar 19, 8:11am
Actually to be honest no I dont but will now!

roshu, Mar 19, 8:48am
Send to battered fishes refuge.

kuaka, Mar 19, 9:08am
I used to always carefully flour the fillets first then dip in batter, but I don't bother now.Just make the batter, heat the oil, put the fish into the batter, and leave it there till the oil is the right temp, then using the tip of the prongs on my carving fork, I stab the fish, hold it over the bowl of batter briefly to let the excess batter drip off, then put it in the deep fryer.It's fine.Maybe your batter isn't the right consistency.

How do you make your batter!

fifie, Mar 19, 9:37am
Make your batter up let it sit till oil gets to right temp, coat fish then cook don't make your batter to thin or it will run off the fish, a medium thickness is good, to thick it won't coat the fish either.

fiona26, Mar 20, 1:33am
Thank you am now wondering if it is my batter being to thins I use a old reciepie of my grandmothers may try adding extra flour.is it meant to be more of a pancake batter consistancy!

pericles, Mar 20, 1:48am
Beer Battered Fish Fillets
Before you start, drink one beer to check for quality. Good, isn’t it! Now go ahead.

Ingredients

1 case beer
1 cups flour
2 large eggs
1 onion
salt and pepper
fish
deep fryer
oil

Method

Get a shallow bowl, fork, salt, pepper, etc. Drink another beer. It must be just right. To be sure beer is of the highest quality, drink another beer as fast as you can. Repeat.

With fork, mix flour in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of satl and imx again. Meanwhile, make sure that the beer is of the finest quality– drink another one. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 pinchers of epperp and mix till high. If yeg golk gets stuck in fork, just scrape it loose with a drewscriver. Drink another beer, checking for tonscisticity.

Next sift 3 cups of pepper or salt (it really doesn’t matter which). Drink antoher reeb. Sift 1/2. Fold in chopped oninions and one babblespoon of bree, or whatever liquid you can find if you don’t want to waste beer. Wix mell. Have another beeber.

Pour oil in turn and fry deep fater to higher. Dump ifsh into miexd tabber. Now dropped fillettettes into feep dat rfyer and kooc. Drink the rest of the beer, plug unfry ther and bo to ged.

kuaka, Mar 20, 6:05am
For beer batter, just use flour and add beer.For my usual batter, flour, half a tsp baking powder, add water.Easy peasy.I make the batter just a bit thicker than cream, not as thick as condensed milk.

camper18, Mar 20, 9:12am
Old chefs recipe given to me 50yrs ago.
1 cup flour
2 tsp BP
1 tsp Baking Soda
Mix to medium consistency with water.
Lightly flour fillets, dip in batter, cook in hot oil.
Drain on paper towels.

peterlap1, Mar 20, 9:24pm
Water used must be icy cold.My wife often uses chilled soda water to mix the batter which is 2 parts plain flour to one part cornflour.

elliehen, Mar 20, 9:43pm
.and take restraining orders out against people like me who prefer to crumb them ;)

kiwiscrapper1, Mar 20, 9:45pm
.LOL.this would be my hubbies favourite recipe!