Easy Pumpkin Soup recipe please??

heavens_bratt, Apr 9, 10:00pm
Ive never made it before and have 2 pumpkins here, a butter cup and one of them grey ones. . would like to make a big soup and freeze some.

bubbles61, Apr 9, 10:08pm
My lazy recipe is chopped pumpkin, enough chicken stock (oxo cubes if thats all you have), garlic, a couple of chopped potatos. Cook until potatos and pumpkin are soft, mash or blend and eat yum yum, you can add cream if you want a creamy soup but the potato helps to make a thicker heartier soup. Salt and pepper to taste. Hope that helps :-)

harrislucinda, Apr 9, 10:13pm
addcummin. ifnotgarliconionkurmrachoppedbacon

kiwisinaussie, Apr 9, 10:13pm
Mine is the same as bubbles61, though you add some curry to taste and some bacon bits and onion to give it some zing.

dbab, Apr 9, 10:45pm
I find a bit of ginger gives it a relly nice taste.

tonsta2, Apr 9, 11:48pm
and a grated apple makes it nice and sweet too. I use grated apple, onion, pumpkin, stock, and curry powder, grate or chop everything in the pan, add heaps of water, and boil for ages and ages, then make into batches and freeze, and add milk before serving. I am planning to add bacon to this batch though. It freezes well in icecream containers or similar, and is just so easy to whip out when you need a quick dinner or lunch.

cookessentials, Apr 9, 11:57pm
I have an even lazier one - I cut my pumpkin into chunks, then put into glass shallow dish and add about 1tbsp water, cover with cling film and microwave (about 8 mins) till tender. When cool enough to handle, slice off the skin then saute a chopped onion in a little butter in a large saucepan or stock pot. Add the pumkin and saute gently for a minute or so. You can add a clove of crushed garlic too if you like, then add Campbells liquid vegetable or chicken stock, about a 1 litre will do - or add more depending on how much you want and how thick you want it. Once well heated, remove from heat and puree in kitchen wizz. Put it back into pan and heat gently, adding a good 1/2 tsp or so of nutmeg ( just add as much as you like to your taste) freshly ground pepper and a little salt if required. The nutmeg brings out the flavour of the pumpkin.

billybobb, Apr 10, 9:23pm
Heres my really lazy recipe - put cuts in skin of whole pumpkin. Put whole pumpkin on a plate and microwave whole for 10, 15 mins depending on size. Whole pumpkin should end up soft and will peel easily.
Peel and cut up whole pumpkin. Then fry onions, garlic, cumin. Add chicken stock. Put flavourings together with pumpkin in saucepan and add coconut milk and water to desired consistency. Have been this for years and is always creamy, spicy and delicious.

purplegoanna, Apr 10, 10:34pm
ive got a mean recipe for roast pumpkin & garlic soup, its a tm winner every winter. Roast Pumpkin & Garlic Soup
I use a whole lge white skinned ‘Crown or Grey pumpkins’, cut into wedges, peel skin, deseeded then half again, roast in olive oil with 1-2 lge garlic bulbs, broken into cloves and peeled. Separately dice & fry 5-6 rashers of bacon in a large saucepan. After bacon is browned add pumpkin pieces & garlic. Use a stick blender to blend into a smooth mix, adding enough chicken stock while blending until you get a nice thick soup consistency, then add, salt, pepper & 1tsp curry powder to taste. Reheat on low heat slowly and serve with grilled cheese toast. To impress guests add a dollop of sour cream just before serving, use a toothpick and draw lines from sour cream out into soup, then serve. Or add 1/2c of coconut cream for extra richness.

lilyfield, Apr 11, 4:29am
got a stick mixer? No need to peel pumpkin. Just liquidize the lot. you won't find any peel in the soup.

chip1914, Apr 11, 6:05am
I always add white sauce to my pumpkin pulp with garlic, etc and have used coconut cream which is a nice change also. yum"

p.taylor1, Jan 28, 1:19pm
This is my fav. .
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp tomato paste
1kg pumpkin, coarsely chopped with skin and seeds removed
6 cups liquid vegetable or chicken stock
Juice of 1 lemon
½ cup cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, to serve

1. Heat oil and butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add onion and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes to soften. Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute more.

2. Add tomato paste, pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are very soft.

3. Purée the mixture in a blender, then return to the pan to reheat. Stir in lemon juice, then stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls scattered with coriander.