My kids have found apud they want me to make

falconhell2002, Apr 3, 2:29am
My kids get to choose a meal each every week and some times they can pick a pud too.They really enjoy making these choices and we don't often get junk meals which is great.But it has kind of turned into a competition to find the coolest meals.This time they set their sights on a pud and found the one in this link.Now I need to find the ingredients, I have a slight problem, its American and I don't know what cool whip and Heath chips are.Would someone on here maybe be able to point in the right direction of something we have that is similar!I would very much appreciate it, it is my nieces birthday this weekend and I thought we might take this as our contribution to the pot luck.TIA.

http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2011/03/02/simply-southern-not-your-nanas-nana-puddin/

creeky1, Apr 3, 2:35am
I googled it and cool whip is that can cream stuff and heath chips appear to be toffee chips. crushing hard butterscotch lollies may do the same job.

creeky1, Apr 3, 2:36am
real whipped cream would be nicer. the can stuff always tastes gasey to me.

bridget107, Apr 3, 2:37am
Heath chips seem to be just toffee bits. I reckon you could just use a chopped up crunchie bar for this part. Cool whip seems to be imitiation whipped cream that you'll find in the milk aisle in the supermarket. Good luck! Next time, maybe limit to 'coolest recipes in NZ'.hehe!

campmum, Apr 3, 2:38am
mmm, looks delicious
cool whip is just whipped cream & heath chips are toffee bits.
buy any hard toffee & crush or cruble over so crunchie bars, that would be delicious!

campmum, Apr 3, 2:38am
snap.lol

bridget107, Apr 3, 2:44am
@campmum.great minds!

davidt4, Apr 3, 2:44am
Cool Whip is not just whipped cream.From Wikipedia:

"Cool Whip Original is made of water, hydrogenated vegetable oil (including coconut and palm oils), high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, skim milk, light cream, and less than 2% sodium caseinate (a milk derivative), natural and artificial flavor, xanthan and guar gums, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, and beta carotene (as a coloring).[5] In some markets, such as Canada and the United States, Cool Whip is available in an aerosol can using nitrous oxide as a propellant. Cool Whip was formerly marketed as non-dairy, but in Jewish dietary traditions, Cool Whip was classified as dairy rather than parve (non-meat and non-dairy) because of the sodium caseinate (which is derived from milk). Cool Whip now contains milk and cream."

bridget107, Apr 3, 2:46am
Well it is probably New Zealand's only equivalent.

245sam, Apr 3, 2:50am
From a google search.
Cool Whip = a brand of imitation whipped cream
Heath Chips appear to be baking-sized bits of a toffee bar known as a Heath Bar.

My suggestion for an alternative to the Cool Whip would be Dream Topping which is an English product that you should be able to find at a store that stocks UK products such as Angel Delight.If this alternative is not available, how about using whipped cream!

Hope that helps - I hope you have success in sourcing alternatives that you are happy with.:-))

falconhell2002, Apr 3, 2:58am
OMGosh talk about blond, why didn't I google.Thank you very much.I am really looking forward to this.Anything to get them eating different foods.They are not overly adventurous when it comes to trying different foods but this seems to be working a charm.I write up a menu plan and while I am doing this they are looking for their choices on the computer.We had chicken gyros one night because my son had seen them on a facebook cooking game.Lol.