Hi there.fresh cod,

chickybabe4, Apr 11, 4:40am
any yummy suggestions to cook it!

dezzie, Apr 11, 4:44am
Flour egg and breadcrumbs that have the zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon mixed thru, just fluff it up again very carefully after adding the juice so your breadcrumbs are fluffy and loose again, kind of like rubbing butter into flour
then fry gently in oil and butter mixed together, if you are opposed to frying you can bake it on some baking paper, but it goes a wee bit soggy on the bottom.

gaspodetwd, Apr 11, 4:58am
Coat in Cornflour and then into lightly whisked egg white and shallow or deep fry.

sumstyle, Apr 11, 5:17am
I bought some blue cod the other day - $32kg (only got one piece).My niece's ex-bf used to bring us fish he caught.I really miss the access to free fish!

fifie, Apr 11, 5:19am
Toss in Flour salt and lemon pepper mixed together, next in beaten egg, then in Panko breadcrumbs, sit on a plate not overlapping in fridge 30 mins, and fry in some oil with a good knob of butter if you like nice crispy fish, serve with a nice salsa, salad, or home made chips.

chickybabe4, Apr 11, 6:38am
mmmmmmmm i can smell it cooking! my better half is in the kitchen whipping up a delight. yummo

iman007, Apr 12, 2:34am
i made some a week or so ago, cut fillets into sizes easy to handle, coat in flour, then dip into batter made with flour 2 eggs and 1 small bottle beer, 300 mls! i use tiger lager, mix to thickish and dip fillets in and deep fry at 170 deg for about 3 minutes, bit of tartare sauce, beautiful. Mind you im a good cook!

seano7, Apr 12, 3:15am
what kind of cod. red cod fish pie only worst fish ever. blue cod pan fry. I am a chef of twenty years and do not roll in flour. That method dates back to 1930s when food was not as easy to get from the war. so flour was used to fill the belly. use even parts butter to oil and baste while cooking it only takes 3 to 5 mins