Edmonds Coconut Cake Recipe

lynan, May 8, 2:54am
Does anybody have this recipe! I cannot find my old book.:( .and would love to make this again. Was in a book I have had for 30 years, cant understand why they dont put it in all of them as its a beautiful recipe. Thanks in advance!

gr8stuf4me, May 8, 3:26am
Edmonds Coconut Layer Cake

125g butter, softened
125g sugar
1c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c coconut
3 eggs, beaten

Filling

grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1c icing sugar
1 egg beaten
3/4 c coconut

Grease and line the base of two 18 cm round baking tins.Cream butter and sugar.Sift flour and baking powder.Stir in coconut.Mix eggs and dry ingredients alternately into creamed mixture.Transfer to prepared tins.Bake at 190 degrees C for 20 minutes.Transfer cakes to a wire rack to cool.When cold sandwich cakes together with filling.To make the filling, combine lemon rind and juice, icing sugar and egg in a saucepan.Stir over a low heat until mixture thickens.Stir in coconut.
Enjoy!

lynan, May 8, 3:44am
Thanks for that! Does not look quite the same somehow, and the recipe I used wasn't a layer cake but I shall give this a try too.:)

eastie3, May 8, 4:39am
My Edmonds book (1976 edition)has the same recipe that gr8stuf4me has posted for you.It was set out slightly differently on the page and was in imperial rather than metric.There is nothing to stop you from making it a one-tin cake.

books4nz, May 9, 3:22am
The coconut layer cake is one of our favourite cakes! We make it in one tin as one cake - love it, and great the next day too.