Any body have fudge recipies

sam447, Feb 1, 3:18am
Hi there

Does anybody have any good fudge recipies?

jessie981, Feb 1, 4:40am
Ginger Fudge
pkt biscuits
1/2 tin cond milk
125gr butter
3/4c br sugar
2TBSPs ginger
Melt butter, cond milk & sugar. Add biscuits blended with the ginger.

Apricot Fudge
125gr butter
3/4c br sugar
1/2 tin cond milk
1c dried chopped apricots
pkt malt biscuits
Stir butter, cond milk & sugar over a low heat until butter has melted. Stir in biscuits & apricots
Ice with lemon icing (opt)
Choc Fudge
pkt biscuits
125gr sugar
125gr butter
1tsp vanilla essence
1TBSP cocoa
1 egg
Melt sugar, butter, vanilla & cocoa in a saucepan. Remove from heat & add beaten egg. Bring slowly back to boil & add crushed biscuits.

All recipies, set in sponge roll tin & refridgerate.

maysept, Feb 1, 6:18pm
I use the Edmonds recipe which I always found to be gritty and dry until I substituted caster sugar for ordinary white, and instead of 1/2 cup of milk, I use 1/2c water and 1/2 c of full cream milk powder. Don't over boil it and beat it really well with (real) vanilla essence. It's now the best fudge recipe ever, creamy and properly fudgy, not just a thick chocolate icing like most fudges.

wheelz, Feb 2, 2:31am
isn't reconstituted milk the same as real milk? It beats me as to how using powder and water would improve fudge, when it's mixed up? ! ! !

elliehen, Feb 2, 2:45am
This is never-fail because it has a 'secret ingredient' - white chocolate - added at the end, and no beating...

JOY'S CARAMEL FUDGE (similar to creamy Russian Fudge)

Gently melt 125 gms butter
Add 1 cup of brown sugar lightly packed
1 teaspoon golden syrup
1 can of condensed milk

Bring to a gentle boil very slowly stirring all the time and when the 'mud-pops' start, lower to VERY gentle and cook stirring for ten minutes.

Take off heat and stir in 100grams of Whittaker's white chocolate. Don't substitute for Whittaker's here because you need quick smooth combining.

Pour into 20x20 cms pan lined with baking paper. Don't cut till completely cold and use heated knife for extra-neat cutting.

Variation:
Ginger Fudge
Add 2 teaspoons of ground ginger at start and then 1/2 packet of chopped preserved ginger at the end with the white chocolate.

Source: Friend

adragon, Jul 25, 11:15am
milk vs milk powder. If you have never made milk from powder you will not know that 1 cup of water only needs about 1/4 cup of milk powder or so. So equal amounts of each water and milk powder will be really creamy and quite sweet.