Large Scale Recipe Cards

dunmore1, May 11, 9:29pm
Does anyone have a set of these cards which are done by Otago University Dept, Human Nutrition.
I am going to cook for a group of disadvantaged children and was wondering if anyone had a set of these that they not longer need as we cannot afford $200.00 for a new set.

dunmore1, May 12, 2:39am
Has anyone used these cards. Thanks Vicki

yjeva, May 12, 2:40am
I have used them when I was cooking in an institution for 50+ people - they are very good. The recipes are in quantities for 25, 50 or 100 serves.

dunmore1, May 12, 3:30am
Thank you for your reply.Do you think that they would be suitable for children.

yjeva, May 12, 3:40am
Absolutely - I was cooking for children.They cover all the basics and are great for quantities for things like scrambled egg etc.They would be worth buying if you wanted them long term but I wonder if you could borrow some if it is just for a short while. Perhaps asking at any local institutions like resthomes.

winnie231, May 12, 3:44am
The cards are very useful for calculating quantities & the recipes are for regular kiwi food so definitely suitable for children.
Have you thought about contacting Otago Uni & explaining why you need them! They might feel charitable and donate you a set :)
Otherwise - post here the things you want recipes for (and what numbers you are cooking for) as some of us have experience in cooking for crowds & may be able to help you with recipes.
There's also a recipe site (though it is American) where you might find ideas . http://lotsofinfo.tripod.com/

dunmore1, May 12, 3:52am
Thank you Winnie.I will be cooking for 20 children aged 5 - 12 and 10 Adults. They are all living in so need things for weekend meals which they can make. Thanks Vicki

duckmoon, May 12, 3:58am
If you are looking for recipes for fifty people
Scripture Union (who runs kids holiday camps) have published a book called "Ministry to the Interior" , a recipe book for serving fifty people.

At least you know the receipes work in bulk

dunmore1, May 12, 5:03am
Thank you, I will have a look at that book.

pickles7, May 13, 3:24am
http://www.angelfire.com/bc/incredible/Servesfiftyindex.html
I have not used any recipe from here, looks ok, for whatyou require.

nanasee1, May 13, 3:34am
Vicki you might like to try your library for a copy of "Loaves & Fishes - Catering For A Crowd" by Maureen Sherry. (Published by Whitcoulls 1987) It has good catering tips and the recipes for 25 people. I have found it invaluable over the years and sorry not ready to part with it.

dunmore1, May 14, 2:56am
Thanks I have this on order. Regards Vicki

dunmore1, May 17, 1:22am
Has anyone found these yet. I am in Christchurch. Thanks
Vicki

ngacooky, May 17, 7:19am
i use them all the time at work.Great recipes!If you want a recipe or two i can post them here if you want. if you know what you want

duckmoon, May 17, 7:33am
I have both the books mentioned but use them regularly. Not easy to let them go

duckmoon, May 17, 7:34am
http://www.scriptureunion.org.nz/store/product/ministry-to-the-interior-

Not sure if I have got all of the web page.

Google scripture union ministry to the interior
Cost $39.99

dunmore1, May 20, 10:32pm
Thank you.I have ordered the book.Anyone with any other ideas.I have written to Otago University, but no joy yet. Thanks Vicki

dunmore1, May 21, 12:48am
Just to let you know that Otago University have donated a set of card for us to use.Thank you.

winnie231, May 21, 1:06am
That's great news :)

juliewn, May 21, 3:13am
Very cool. well done Otago University. :-)