Des Britten recipe for Loin of Lamb

dixiechicks, May 14, 3:04am
Hi, my Mum has passed away so I can't ask her, she used to make a recipe for the above and I cannot find it, does anyone have it please, would be greatly appreciated, thanks

lurtz, May 14, 4:48am
I have a Des Britten recipe for a boned and rolled loin of lamb, with thyme, rosemary and garlic, and served with Bearnaise sauce. Do you think this is the one you are after!If so, I can either write it out, or email it to you.

bedazzledjewels, May 14, 5:07am
I nearly bought his book in an Invercargill antiques shop. I used to own and it's disappeared.

dixiechicks, May 14, 7:48am
I don't think this is the exact one but sounds good.Would you mind emailing it to me please sue.mccutcheon@pengellys.co.nz-
, thank you so much I really appreciate it.

lurtz, May 14, 8:21am
To be frank, I feel that the miniscule amounts of herbs in this recipe, (1/4 teaspoons) represent an earlier era in NZ cookery, when folk weredabbling or experimenting in herb usage, andapologizing for including garlic.I will scan and email the recipe to you, I'mtied up tomorrow , but will try to get it to you ASAP. I am also happy to post the recipe book to you. I bought it in the seventies, but I don't need it:-) No charge. Happy to pass on.

olwen, May 14, 8:40am
I've been looking through a Des Britten book I have and have the same recipe.