Chicken Liver Recipes Please

olwen, May 7, 5:24am
I have chicken livers trimmedand soaking in milk.The man of the house likes his with bacon and gravy.I generally crumb mine with lots of seasoning in the crumbs and saute them (rather like Homestead Chicken did if you remember).But years ago I used to buy some in a sauce from a middle eastern takeaway and for the life of me I don't now what was in them except I think there may have been green beans,Any ideas, or what are your favourites,

Incidentally one secret I've discovered is that frozen chicken livers are awful.Only ever buy them fresh.

lilyfield, May 7, 5:32am
cut up finely also an onion and a peeled apple. stir fry quickly with a squeeze of lemon juice, a wee bit of cornflour to thicken the juices- salt and pepper. With mashed potatoes of pasta.

joybells2, May 7, 6:52am
I buy them frozen all the time, only use them for pate tho.

olwen, May 7, 6:59am
They are probably fine for pate, but are not nice at least IMO whole.For years I couldn't figure why I didn't like them when I cooked them.

iman007, May 7, 7:35am
good as gold frozen for pate, mine pretty dam good.Just bought some duck liver for pate as well after trying it at logan browns restaurant.
good luck

lythande1, May 7, 6:30pm
I make pate. Also occasionally cook with a bit of bacon (chopped), tomato and oregano and basil. Serve with green salad and crusty bread.

olwen, May 7, 8:25pm
I was sort of looking for meals rather than pate.Wound up having them crumbed again

davidt4, May 7, 9:39pm
Chicken Livers with Mint & Garlic (Lebanese )

500g organic chicken livers, trimmed and halved
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tab dried mint or 2 tab chopped fresh mint
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tab olive oil

Crush garlic with salt to a paste.Add mint, cumin and oil.Marinate chicken livers in mixture for an hour or so.

Cook over high heat on a barbecue or ridged grill pan for about 5 minutes each side, or until browned but still pink in the middle.

Serve with lemon wedges and a tomato and onion salad.