How do you cook your fresh snapper?

mellaboosh, May 7, 12:13am
Just looking for new ideas to cook fresh fish as we get it all the time off my dad. tia

purplegoanna, May 7, 12:44am
i do a MEAN sweet & sour, cut snapper into chunks and dip into beer batter and fry off, whilst your doing that heat a jar of sweet & sour sauce with (precooked) carrot slices and baby sweetcorn.and rice.then when you serve gently fold the cooked battered fish into the sauce mix and serve on rice.its TO DIE FOR

we get alot in summer so i like yu have looked for other ways to cook it apart from frying, i do a MEAN sweet & sour, cut snapper into chunks and dip into beer batter and fry off, whilst your doing that heat a jar of sweet & sour sauce with (precooked) carrot slices and baby sweetcorn.and rice.then when you serve gently fold the cooked battered fish into the sauce mix and serve on rice.its TO DIE FOR

we get alot in summer so i like yu have looked for other ways to cook it apart from frying or deep frying, i do a MEAN sweet & sour, cut snapper into chunks and dip into beer batter and fry off, whilst your doing that heat a jar of sweet & sour sauce with (precooked) carrot slices and baby sweetcorn.and rice.then when you serve gently fold the cooked battered fish into the sauce mix and serve on rice.its TO DIE FOR

petal1955, May 7, 12:49am
flour egg and crumbs gently fry in oil.dont overcook it.

beaker59, May 7, 1:23am
Thats what I am doing tonight.

I smoked a couple of big snapper last week which I made into smoked fish pie and also had just straight out of the smoker flaked over a salad with mayonaise dressing.

love snapper in raw fish too, cubed then soaked in Lemon juice then mixed with sliced red onion, tomato, corriander, cucumber,coconut cream.

NZ's most versatile fish can be used in any recipe. The snapper we are getting at the moment are good sized fat and healthy.

prawn_whiskas, May 7, 1:26am
I just like it done with lots of salt and pepper on the flesh and a dusting of the flour of your choice then slow fried in LOTS of BUTTER. then pour the butter over the top of the fish when done . squeeze of lemon if your lucky.

shall, May 7, 8:32am
instant potato flakes, and shallow fry, not like a crumb, its like a light crispy batter

carriebradshaw, May 7, 8:59am
I make a lemon and herb crust to put on top and bake it in the oven.

gardie, May 7, 6:34pm
Like this idea.Iusually do it in flour and butter as per a previous post.

rarogal, May 7, 9:50pm
Wrap it whole in foil after covering with sliced lemons or oranges (also stuff one in the middle), seasoning, herbs and bake in oven or on the BBQ.

seaspray1, May 8, 3:30am
Dip in beaten egg then roll in breadcrumbs seasoned with the Masterfoods Tuscan seasoning and lightly panfried in a little butter.

lodgelocum, May 8, 3:50am
Or bake in the oven and top with a parsley sauce, yum

terachaos, May 8, 4:05am

mini-mac, May 8, 10:51am
Try Japanese "panko" breadcrumbs, available at most supermarkets or from Asian shops.
They leave standard crumbs for dead.