Broccoli Soup

jimmy3411, May 4, 5:48am
Broccoli florets
Boil in water with salt added until tender & can push a knife through without effort
Drain but KEEP the water & put florets into a blender
Add water they were boiled in fill approx 3/4 but don't overfill
Optional:
Add a good dash of salt/pepper to taste
Add water to thin if desired

BLOODY AWESOME SOUP for WINTER

wheelz, May 4, 5:52am
I add sautéed onions, cheese and milk.even better, blue cheese. Even kids love this soup!

makespacenow, May 4, 6:57am
Or bit of milk then blend salt pepper and garnish with cold smoked salmon slices serve with crusty bread.kids can never get enough

lindi4, May 4, 7:00am
Nice made creamy with milk, a potato, fry onions garlic first and melt in blue vein cheese at the end

gaspodetwd, May 4, 8:43am
I'm never eating broccoli soup again. I asked my broccoli this week and got one snail, eight caterpillars and thousands of green fly out. It looked lovely.
Soup is out in future.

bookshelves, May 4, 9:21am
yes, I posted on another thread earlier today about broccoil soup - I sauteee onions and garlic first too . it's nice with mint in it too.

4meows, May 4, 9:31am
Wow, never thought of brocolli soup.So going to make it one chilly afternoon!

motorbo, May 4, 9:49am
i adore broccoli, but ive yet to taste a broccoli soup i like

tigerlilly16, May 4, 11:54am
What did you ask it!

jimmy3411, May 5, 1:38am
Totally worth it the SECRET is to blend using the water you boiled it in, its like its own jus.

fisher, May 5, 1:54am
Justfor you Motobro.:}

Broccoli Soup
500g broccoli25 g butter1 tsp sugar60g cheese5 cups chicken stock3/4 cup cream1 onion, choppedsalt and pepper
Sauté onions in butter.Add coarsely chopped broccoli, stalks included.Cover with stock and bring to boil, simmer till tender.
Put thru blender or use hand wand.Return to pot and add sugar, seasonings, cheese and milk.Heat but do not boil.

motorbo, May 5, 2:42am
thanks fisher, i guess that one will taste good cos of the butter and cheese! oh and cream lol

nauru, May 5, 6:16am
I use a similar recipe but without the cheese, any soup definitley needs the stock and a dash of cream is good too. Will try your recipe fisher. I also make cauliflower soup the same way.Made it the other day and added cumin and curry powder with the stock, it was really nice.

fisher, May 5, 6:47am
motorbro.sometime I use blue vein cheese but reduce the amount a little.
Nauru. yup I do the same.cauliflower.but wifey like broccoli.cumin would be great and I will add some next time for sure. thanks for the tip.maybe some turmeric to colour it up as well LoL:}}
Our vege shop is selling large bags of cut broccoli for 1.39 so you dont end up with all the leaves etc.I just whack them in the freezer as is and pull one out to make the soup or grab a few pieces for a side dish.
Nice and fresh and cheap at the moment .1.39 a big head.cauli 1.69. :}

jbsouthland, May 6, 4:58am
Made this yesterday after reading on here .2 heads and trimmed stalks ofbroccoliboiled till tender.drainedand kept mostofthe water.sauteed two onions and 6 cloves garlic small amount of oil .add together ,blended. several ladles ofthe liquid , salt ,cracked pepper .was yummy .no butter , milk or cream.didn't need any. Tomorrow will make some more and add blue vein cheese.