Best chocolate mud cake recipe ever please!

ironmonger1, May 5, 4:21am
I have never made a mud cake and am looking for the best ever recipe,PLEASE

krazy_kat, May 5, 9:27am
I use the one on the back of the nestle melts dark chocolate packet - easy and really tasty.

mr-and-mrs, May 6, 3:27am
CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 2/3C Self Raising Flour. 1 1/2t Baking Soda. 1 1/2C Sugar. 2/3C Cocoa. 1t Salt. 1 1/2C Milk. 100g Butter (melted). 2 Eggs. 1t Vanilla Essence

Combine all together in food processor til really mixed. (The mix is rather runny)
Its best done in a decent sized greased cake tin.
Bake 180 degrees celcius for 50 minutes.

ICING
100g Butter (melted). 1C Icing Sugar. 1/3C Cocoa. 1t Vanilla Essence. Milk to mix.
Add dry ingredients and butter in processor. Pulse to combine. Add a dash of milk and pulse again. Add more if needed til its thickish, soft and spreadable.

mr-and-mrs, May 6, 3:28am
I don't use any other recipe except this 1 now.The secret to me is using Sun Valley brand cocoa its the best

ironmonger1, May 6, 5:06am
Thanks , but not mud cake,

krazy_kat, May 6, 5:09am
I found the recipe on the Nestle page

Ingredients
1 cup milk
2 tsp lemon juice
½ cup sunflower oil
200 g Nestlé Dark Melts
1 cup hot water
2 tsp Nestlé Instant Coffee
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
½ cup Nestlé Baking Cocoa
¾ cups sugar
2 eggs – lightly beaten

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 22 cm round cake tin with baking paper.
Combine milk and lemon juice and set aside to sour. You should see the milk separate slightly. Place oil, Nestlé Dark Melts, hot water and Nestlé Instant Coffee in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until mixture is smooth and chocolate has melted. Cool to room temperature.

In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and Nestlé Baking Cocoa. Add in the sugar and mix well. Set aside.

Add eggs to the cooled mixture, mix well and gradually pour in the soured milk. Blend well and add this to the dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.

Bake for 55 mins or until cooked. There may be a little moist cake mixture on metal skewer when inserted into the centre of the cake; this is normal for Mud cakes. Stand in the tin for 10 mins then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Spread with NESTLÉ CHOCOLATE GLAZE.

mr-and-mrs, May 6, 6:13am
Sorry I found this 1 better than a mud cake and very moist

marcs, May 6, 10:24am
These ones are off the food town magazine. They have some yummy recipes.

http://www.foodmag.co.nz/index.php!option=com_content&task=view&id=513&Itemid=67 http://www.foodmag.co.nz/index.php!option=com_content&task=view&id=789&Itemid=67

I have made the second one. Very nice and moist and dense.

smiggles15, May 6, 10:30am

crails, May 6, 9:16pm
I always use the recipe on the back of a packet of Nestle Dark Melts.It never fails