Baked potato fillings

raewyn64, Apr 8, 6:56am
Husband wants baked potato for lunch on Saturday.
What is your favourite filling? I can only think of baked beans and sour cream.
Thanks so much

brish, Apr 8, 7:10am
Cheese, onion, corn and tomato last night. They always have cheese because my husband wouldn't think they were proper if they didn't:)Mixed beans would make a change. I sometimes chop up celery too for a bit of crunch. How about baked beans with a poached egg on top, or spinach and feta. There is no limit really to what you can use and mine have never been knocked back for being to outrageous:)Do you scoop the potato out and mash with seasonings and/or cheese? I do, and take it from there.

raewyn64, Apr 8, 7:12am
oh poached egg on top - I think he would like that a lot - he is an egg man ha ha!
Do you cook your potato in the microwave or the original wrapped in foil and in the oven?

greerg, Apr 8, 7:12am
Bacon, mushroom and cheese is nice and have always liked minced cooked lamb, onion and a little gravy - a shepherd's pie in a potato shell.

brish, Apr 8, 7:25am
I usually do them in the microwave, but for a special occasion I would use the oven.

alebix, Apr 8, 9:15am
Bacon and cheese and onion, with coleslaw and sour cream on top. . very tasty.

auntlb, Apr 8, 9:27am
Ours were yummy tonight - baked potato topped with garlic butter, sour cream, cheese, relish and steamed silverbeet

maandpa2b, Apr 8, 9:28am
mushrooms and sour cream, cheese and pineapple, baked beans and cheese,

glendeb, Apr 8, 9:36am
We do them with bacon, cheese, sour cream and spring onion.

Sometimes left over mince, with cheese and sour cream.

frier, Apr 13, 12:41pm
I make my jacket potatoes with chilli con carne and a dollop of sour cream, grated cheese on top, a real hit in our household.

daleaway, Apr 14, 2:49am
You can save power by cooking the potato first in the microwave, then switching to the oven to crisp it up.
Sometimes we cut them in half when switching from microwave to oven.
In the UK we had tuna, spring onion and cheese topping and enjoyed that.

vintagekitty, Apr 14, 2:51am
same.
I also like sour cream, bacon, chives, cheese and mushrooms

gaspodetwd, Jan 29, 5:51pm
Personally - I am a cheese, coleslaw and bacon fan.
Cottage cheese
baked beans
bolognese
tuna mayo
chicken sweetcorn and mayo
cheese pineapple and mayo
sweet and sour chicken

I hate microwaved potatoes. They taste all wrong! love them in the crock pot - but it is teh variety of potato that makes it - Red rascal or similar makes the best I reckon.