Edmonds Cheese Scones

bluetigerrr, Apr 13, 2:32am
Hi there - I live in Oz Land now and don't have access to my 1973 Edmonds cook book sadly :( The Edmonds recipe I used to use for these scones didn't have any butter at all in it - just grated cheese (plus all other ingredients of course). Does anybody have this recipe by any chance!
My mother taught me to make this recipe - then she used to melt a lot of butter in the bottom of a square cooking tin and bake the scones that way. They get a fantastic buttery-crisp crust and she used to sprinkle grated cheese with suffused paprika on top as well. They TOTALLY disappeared whenever she made them. No-one wanted biscuits - just these scones! Anyway . bit of a tangential rave there . but please, if anyone has this recipe I would be so so grateful :)

wheelz, Apr 13, 2:43am
3 c flour - 6 t B/powder - 1 1/2 c milk - 1/4 t salt- 3/4 c cheese - pinch cayenne -pinch mustard .I use buttermilk in all my scone recipes, makes for a lighter scone.

bluetigerrr, Apr 13, 2:47am
Ohhh - so cool wheelz. Thank you very much indeed. I remember the 3 cups of cheese now. FANTASTIC! :)

bluetigerrr, Apr 13, 3:02am
wheelz - your friendly neighbourhood pest here again :)
Can you tell me what temperature and for how long!

lilyfield, Apr 13, 3:02am
that is to read3 quarter cups of cheese

bluetigerrr, Apr 13, 3:17am
Sorry . meant 3 cups of flour, not cheese. Thanks lilyfield.

wheelz, Apr 13, 3:28am
220'C for 10 mins

bluetigerrr, Apr 13, 3:30am
YES :) xxx

kiwitrish, Apr 13, 4:13am
Just got a batch out of the oven.Yummy