pork chops in the crockpot

mull05, Apr 8, 5:55am
anyone got a good recipe, out all day tommorow so wanna come home to something nice ans ready to dish up

poppy62, Apr 8, 6:28am
Mmmm, I dont go by recipies - I read them but add so many of my own bits and bobs that I cant even give it a name. I saw Pork Chops done with apple cider as a base that looked amazing. You could probably do this and add in some vege and seasoning... .

mull05, Apr 8, 7:10am
theres alot of recipes about, i just dont know which one to pick now

beaker59, Apr 8, 8:47am
Things like this I also don't use recipes its more about the technique and the rest depends on what is in season or in your pantry fridge or garden. Oddly enough I did pork chops in the pot last night first I browned the chops off in the pot then took them out and sweated off a couple of chopped onions and half a bulb of garlic(we have colds at the moment in this house so lots of medicinal garlic) about a tablespoon of chopped fresh ginger and a handful of fresh sage and rosemary chopped finely. I then added a can of tomatos and chopped carrots and potatoes a large cup of cider and started that boiling on the stove I balanced the pork chops on top of the potatoes to steam and put the lid on. This simmered for an hour then added a large bowl of chopped watercress. Oh and salt and lots of pepper. 10 min after adding the cress I served it very nice. That could be done in a slow cooker too.

nauru, Apr 8, 9:17am
Hi Mullo05... ... ... This is a lovely Crockpot recipe... . . put crockpot on high while assembling the ingredients.

4 pork chops, 1 lg onion sliced, 2 apples sliced, 1 cup apple juice or white wine or cider. Pinch each sage & thyme. Put chops into a frypan and brown then put into crockpot. Add onion & apples to frypan and brown, add herbs and then add juice or wine to deglaze pan. Put mixture on top of chops in crockpot. Cover & cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Serve with steamed veges or whatever is your choice.

maandpa2b, Apr 8, 9:30am
That sounds fab, I'll try it out too. Thanks

1buzemum, Apr 8, 9:55am
Hmmm you don't actually need a "crockpot" recipe to cook in it, think of some flavors you like put the ing into the crockpot and turn it on, by theend of the day you will still have a hot meal waiting

tonsta2, Apr 8, 10:21am
chop up some potatoes, pop the chops on top, and then put sliced or canned apple on top, and switch on. YUM. The apple kind of soaks right through and flavours everything. Mmmm i think i need to buy some pork chops... .

mull05, Apr 10, 7:21am
very very nice thanks

st_allie, Jan 17, 7:06am
Have a look in the supermarket next time you are shopping. . Maggi does crockpot packets of flavourings. . instant beef goulash recipes etc . . these are designed for the crockpot and they do come out well. . Always handy to have something fairly 'instant' in the cupboard for when you are time poor. . they are not expensive either.

while i'm here I want to plug the recent 'lee kum kee' range of asian sauce packets. They do a very nice lemon chicken.