Brown Rice Flour - West Auckland

zirconium, Apr 14, 7:41am
Hi Westies, anyone know where i can buy this! - I previously got a gluten free flour mix (Healtheries), but it tastes like chalk in baking. (This is being quite polite). Several people in my extended family are gluten free, and we all try and cook gluten free when we have them 'round. SiL has said she uses brown rice flour instead of GF flour mixes with perfectly acceptable results. She lives in East Auckland though, and gets it from the Asian Goods shops. I don't know where any of these shops are, can anyone help!

Anywhere in Henderson/Massey/Westgate would be great. :)

Thanks very much. :)

cookessentials, Apr 14, 7:47am
Thought of Huckleberry Farms, but that's a fair way away from Westgate.

nauru, Apr 14, 7:52am
I buy mine at Binn Inn but not sure if there is one in your area.

zirconium, Apr 14, 7:54am
I think it is much easier to get in East Auckland. :) - I'll keep them in mind though, as they deliver, and it is cheap as muck! :)

zirconium, Apr 14, 7:55am
Post #4 was aimed at cook essentials sorry.- No, :( no Binn Inn near here.

thomson-tes, Apr 14, 6:28pm
Check if the Bulk Food place is still in Henderson - this used to be Binn Inn and has lots of different stuff.Moshims in 64c Stoddard Road, Mt Roskill or 54 View Road, Glenfield.I buy all my breadmaking stuff from here in bulk.

very_hotpants, Apr 14, 8:56pm
East West Organics in Glen Eden have it in the bulk bins.
Also look in New world and countdown as they stock Cerobos (or whatever its called cant be bothered getting up to look)

zirconium, Apr 14, 9:08pm
Thanks, will be able to get it from here, they are just opposite our vets. :)

Countdown at westgate certainly don't seem to have it. Their range isn't that great to be honest. :)

very_hotpants, Apr 15, 6:31am
No - down further along West Coast Rd , opposite the intersection of West Coast Rd and Glendale - there is a civic video on the corner. You need to go down a bit further and go up a driveway and along. The traintracks are at the back. Dont go to the organic cafe at the train intersection.

zirconium, Apr 15, 7:23am
Thanks very much, i'd misremembered the number of the vets! - I did look it up on google earth though, but thanks for the precise directions. They are open 7 days, and we go through there quite often, (not just to the vets).

It must be near where the Sallies shop used to be maybe 10 years ago!

Thanks again, looking forward to making stuff now, i've heard brown rice flour is very nice, almost nutty flavour. :)

guest, Jan 11, 6:42am
Hey, you're the goto exprte. Thanks for hanging out here.

guest, Jan 13, 1:19pm
Apr06 I grew up in Austin, moved away for school and lived ousdite of the DC area, and ended up moving back, and am so glad I'm here. DC isn't as expensive as CA, but we also moved back in hopes of finding a house and a great place to raise a family, and I think Austin definitely fits the bill.I could probably go on and on, but I'll just put a few thoughts here:the public transportation system is fledgling at best, so unfortunately we have fewer neighborhoods that are walkable than more established areas (like maybe you are used to). the walkable, central neighborhoods (Hyde Park, Bryker Woods, Bouldin, Clarksville) tend to have older, smaller houses (with some new stuff interspersed) and are in high demand. even as an austin native with family in the area, i moved into an apartment here with a 6 month lease (did so at the Gables there are many locations around town) and looked for houses. we ended up buying in Northwest Hills/Far West, and we love it. it's a 10 minute drive to downtown, we were able to get a 2nd bathroom at a price we could afford, and we are on a cul de sac with neighbors we see often (block parties every few months, etc.) there are some families but also elderly couples and some college student housing.some other neighborhoods that seem to have lots of families are: brentwood, crestview, and barton hills. good luck!

guest, Jan 14, 9:52am
I am attempting to gahetr information on the RF meters and the Smart Meters. I called my power company to complain about my meter and they told me that I did not have a smart meter. I currently have an RF meter. They claim this is so they do not have to go on to peoples property. I asked if the RF meter gave out radiation like the smart meter and they told me they did not know. I want to demand a removal of this meter and a replacement of my analog meter but I do not wish to go in blind. Could someone who actually knows about these tell me if an RF meter is also dangerous? My email is mozart1962 at aol dot com. thank you Darius