Fresh Salmon

heathermay1, Apr 13, 7:07am
We have caught a lovely big Salmon andapart from getting it smoked and steaked any suggestions how to cook the salmon which is filleted which is tasty and a little diferent .I only know cooking it in milk and butter in tinfoil

245sam, Apr 13, 7:16am
heathermay1, have a look at:-

http://joseagar.com/recipes/category:main-course/baked-salmon-fillets-with-a-lemon-chive-sauce/Although I did not use the sauce recipe (we opted instead for Prenzel's Citrus Vinaigrette), we did enjoy the salmon baked as per Jo's recipe.Another interesting fresh salmon recipe on Jo's website is for Asian-Style Salmon Kebabs although to date we have not been lucky enough to have the required quantity of fresh salmon so I have not used the kebab recipe.
For more ideas and recipes have a look also at:-

https://www.regalsalmon.co.nz/

Hope that helps.:-))

lizab, Apr 13, 9:08am
oh heathermay - you're so lucky! We only have a fresh whole salmon once a year and it's always bought for Christmas Day! A real special treat for us! I always bake it in the oven in tin foil with freshly squeezed orange juice and zest, honey and a little thyme. We love it - I'm dead jealous! Enjoy yours :):)

jimmy2102, Apr 13, 8:48pm
Cure with salt and sugar, 2tbsp of each
1raw beetroot, grated
Zest of 1/2 a lime or lemon
2tbsp, fresh fennel or dill chopped finely
1tsp vanilla extract
1tbsp vodka
mix together

Lie salmon skin side on gladwrap in a dish press on cureing mix and totally cover, fold over gladwrap
Seel tightly and weigh with a flat heavy object
Cure for 24-48 hours, the longer you leave the deeper the beet colour.
When ready to use remove curing mixture and pad dry.
Slice thinly.

Recipe from ripe deli cookbook

cookessentials, Apr 13, 9:04pm
I marinate fillets in Worcestrshire sauce, lemon juice and lemon zest usually for about 30 mins. Each fillet is then put into tinfoil and the sides drawn up to form a "handbag" with space at the top. I bake in the oven at about 170C check after 15 mins to see if they are done and cook a bit longer if needed.

scarlettnz, Apr 14, 7:53am
I marinade fillets in light soy sauce, ginger, garlic, a dash of maple syrup(or brown sugar) and a little chilli then bake in the oven.We're having that tonight actually.

nauru, Apr 14, 8:01am
I did Salmon fillets in my crockpot yesterday.Preheat crockpot on high for 20 minutes, meanwhile slice a small onion and alemon addto the crockpot with some dill, add 3/4 cup of white wine.Place salmon on top and cover with lid.Cook on high for 45 minutes, turn off crockpot and let it stand for 30 minutes before serving.This isa really nice recipe which i use a lot.

jacben, Apr 15, 11:32am
I cook the salmon fillets in strippes and very fast in a fry pan.

guest, Jan 11, 6:01am
The forum is a brehgtir place thanks to your posts. Thanks!

guest, Jan 13, 12:51pm
Look, beesnutz' you know-nothing tech wanna-be, you clraely have no idea what these meters do, and what they are going to do, never mind the physical effects. This page may focus on that, however the physical effects are side issue to the privacy invasion they present. But let's set aside your silly ignorance for a moment, this is NOT a case of some company, in competition with other companies for your business, just upgrading' their product'. Your utility is a MONOPOLY. That singular fact blows your capitalism argument. Tell you what, follower, when do you finally get the memo that the government is in your house literally viewing and listening to what you do, just as they do now even when your cell phone is turned off, and you start crying about it, nobody is going to give a shit.

guest, Jan 14, 7:47pm
PG& E for years has been under the fire. They do not test any of they're equipment nor care about any heltah effects this is no secret. But when you have an entire towns getting sick, causing cancer, and birth effects from PG& E equipment. You can't be naive and judgmentally about it. I guess you can until it happens to you.