Is it ok to cook chicken from frozen

denise251, Apr 16, 12:46am
I forgot to defrost and I need it for dinner tonight. I tried to google but got mixed answers. Has anyone cooked it from frozen and turned out ok! LOL

superwiner, Apr 16, 2:50am
so long as the middle of your chicken is cooked when dished. no issue. Mine is getting turned on in a minute 2 frozen babies waiting to be cooked.

mwood, Apr 16, 2:56am
microwave on high for a few minutes to soften the chicken then cut in half lengthways - it will cook evenly then.

kinna54, Apr 16, 5:35am
If thawing in a microwave do not use HIGH. It will cook the chicken skin, leaving a scorch burned appearance on the outside,and and still be raw on the inside, making it tough when you go to finish the cooking.
Thaw on LOW.
Cooking from completely frozen is fine, although a lower temp would be advised, so as not overdone on the outside.

lythande1, Apr 16, 6:45am
Sure, just longer and check it.

digger148, Apr 16, 7:29am
Gawd. Not very often a chook is cooked in this house that's not frozen

macandrosie, Apr 16, 8:15am
Sure can! I often put them in the slow cookerin the morning about 8am on high. And it is ready at about 4.30pm, (depending on the brand of slow cooker I quess)

falcon-hell, Apr 16, 9:21am
same here,lol

nik12, Apr 16, 10:26am
Yep, mine always frozen as well - calulated risk is what I call it, we haven't died yet in the 20 odd years I've been cooking ;-)

denise251, Apr 16, 12:31pm
Update: I cooked the chicken from frozen and I did'nt dieLOL

beaker59, Apr 16, 2:32pm
Yet!

rainrain1, Apr 16, 7:21pm
f****n-hell i never do

nfh1, Apr 16, 7:23pm
How long does it take to roast a chicken from frozen!Not that I would ever be brave enough to do it, just interested though!