Vegetable stack.any ideas

niclee, Apr 12, 10:13pm
Hi went out for lunch yesterday and had a yummy vege stack.base was potatoes and had a layer off lasagna sheet or similar.would anyone know a recipe I could try.thanks

fronta1, Apr 12, 11:28pm
Char-Grilled Vegetable Stack
Eggplant stack. yum

4 eggplants cut into 1/2-inch rounds
4 zucchini about same thickness rounds
2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup marinated goat’s feta
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
aged Balsamic vinegar
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
vegetable oil for char-grilling

Char grill the eggplant and zucchini slices. Sprinkle with sea salt. Place rounds of eggplant on a serving platter. Top with a small amount of goat’s fetta. Top with round of zucchini. Top with small amount of goat’s feta. Top with a curled slice of roast bell peppers and a basil leaf.

Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and drizzle with aged balsamic.

babytears, Apr 13, 1:42am
When I make vege stacks, I use tortilla. I use a removable base cake tin, and put one tortilla on the base, with a sauce of some type drizzled over that (either chill sauce or a sour cream mixed with pesto/grated cheese or whatever takes your fancy) and then, any veges you want about 2cm thickness (precooked pumpkin, spinach, corn kernels, precooked potato, zucchini etc) and then another tortilla and then veges again - about 4 layers in total and finish with another tortilla and grated cheese on top. then bake for 30 minutes. leave to sit in the tin for 10 minutes and then cut into slices. yum!

ETA: make sure you firmly push down the tortilla layers - this helps keep its shape when cutting

andrea09, Apr 16, 11:31pm
oh i made the best one the other day! (similar to @babytears above)

Roast thinly sliced pieces of pumpkin, red kumera, red onion, red capsicum & courgette (and anything else you want)
Layer in a pie dish as you would a lasagne but use tortillas cut to size to fit each layer, in each layer i sprinkle some washed kidney beans and spinach
Last layer is a tortilla and grated cheese, serve with cream cheese and sweet chili sauce.