Is baking doable without butter

sandranoble2012, Apr 16, 2:01am
i have all other ingredients but no butter are there any recipes for baking without butter

sandranoble2012, Apr 16, 2:06am
thank you i wasnt sure what to search for

supercook, Apr 16, 2:36am
Make a sponge cake no butter in that recipe !

elliehen, Apr 16, 3:54am
Good idea!

BEST-EVER SPONGE

Assemble all ingredients
Have eggs at room temperature

Sift 1/2 cup cornflour
2 teaspoons ordinary flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Lightly grease sponge roll pan and put baking paper in the bottom

Separate 3 eggs
Beat whites till soft peaks form
Slowly add 1/2 cup caster sugar, beating all the time
Add yolks and beat till rich mix

Add all sifted dry ingredients and stir gently to combine

Pour mix into pan and drop sharply onto bench (releases extra bubbles and makes a more dense texture)

Bake 180*C for 15 minutes

Drop again on bench after removing from oven
Rest it for 5-10 minutes before removing

Cut in half, fill with fruit and whipped cream and place other half on top

vampiriousmist, Apr 16, 6:19am
You can use oil instead. google cake using oil and see what comes up

falcon-hell, Apr 16, 9:22am
you can substitute apple sauce/puree for the fats in baking,so i read in a Graham Kerr cookbook.

cookessentials, Apr 16, 9:36pm
Pam's Pumpkin Loaves (makes two)
Ingredients:
3 cups of castor sugar
1 cup salad/sunflower oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3 & 1/2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
(tsp of spices do not need to be level - up to you, but I like spicy.)
500g pumpkin,cooked and mashed
(cut pumpkin into big chunks-leave the skin on and put into a microwave proof dish with a little water and cover with gladwrap-leave a loose corner for steam to escape. Cook for 8-9 minutes-just be careful removing the wrap-its hot! When it is cool enough to handle, slice the skin off with a sharp paring knife).
Method:
Cream sugar and oil with electric mixer in LARGE bowl, add eggs and pumpkin,mix well. Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with the water. Grease and flour your loaf tins. When you fill them, they will be close to the top of the tin. Using a cup to get mixture into tins -gets them even. Bake at 175c for 1 & 1/2 hours. Let them stand 10 minutes before turning out. NOTE:These will rise VERY high in the tin, so don't panic. I test mine with a skewer in the middle because they sometimes need a little extra time. They freeze beautifully and they keep moist for ages too

cookessentials, Apr 16, 9:37pm
Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This recipe has been in the family for over 25 years it was given to my Mother a friend in Seattle hence the use of a "bundt" tin. Bundt tins are available for sale in our catalogue. The cake keeps extremely well and freezes beautifully. Just remember to grease tin well with butter and dust with flour,shaking off the excess before filling with mixture.
Ingredients:
1 & 3/4 cups caster sugar
rind 2-3 lemons
2 eggs
1 cup sunflower oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt (not low fat)
2-3 tsp lemon juice
2 cups self raising flour
Method:
Beat eggs,oil,sugar and peel together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Butter and flour a 24cm bundt tin . Bake at 180C for about 40minutes. Test with a cake tester. Let cake rest only 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Dust cold cake with sifted icing sugar

books4nz, Apr 17, 12:44am
If you have margarine, it can be used to replace butter in the same quantity as butter, and using the same methods.

guest, Jan 11, 9:02am
You have more useful info than the British had colonies prIWe-WI.

guest, Jan 13, 1:48pm
krista.lewie.ceperoIt isn't working for me Please help!Also, the weinddg in Mexico entry form submitted itself without allowing me to write my fiance & my story. Help there too please!Thank you!Krista

guest, Jan 14, 9:59am
Are there any written dnocmeuts/completed forms needed before the Skipper's meetings for these races. In other words, does one just show up to the meeting to participate?