How long to microwave sweetcorn?

dibble35, Apr 28, 6:21am
I hope some one can quickly answer this as want to cook it in next half hour. I just leave it in the husk/leaves. but how long do I zap it for. TIA

ninya, Apr 28, 6:25am
Depends on the strength of your microwave. Ours is 1100 watts and I usually put it in for about 7 minutes.

dibble35, Apr 28, 6:26am
thought i'd google it. check out this you tube video, how to husk corn easily leaving absolutley no silk on the cob, simple, fast, and effective.

gardie, Apr 28, 6:33am
And it works well (if its the same one I saw).Haven't looked back since I watched it.

dibble35, Apr 28, 6:39am
just tried it, why has nobody i know done it like this before. so easy, he said to do it for 4mins, niny a said 7 so i tried 5 as we have a strong(is that the right word!) microwave, was not quite cooked,so 6-7 minsnexttime, have 4 more cobbs to eat and get perfect thanks

miri_s, Apr 28, 6:52am
I give it 2 mins per cob (or 3 mins if not removing the outer leaves).

I cook it, wrapped in a plastic supermarket bag, with a tiny amound of water added.After the 2 mins is up, I simply leave it to steam cook for a while in the bag, (approx 5) - minimises the risk of burning/hot spots, done this way.

miri_s, Apr 28, 6:54am
You never posted the link dibbles!

dibble35, Apr 28, 8:12pm
well arnt I a dum arse. copied it but forgot to paste.duhhhh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=YnBF6bv4Oe4

norse_westie, Apr 28, 8:38pm
I always cook corn like this. I do three cobs at a time, in the husks, for 10 minutes. Perfect every time. If I just do one for myself, I mike it for three minutes.