Pork Roast Help

jurseygurl, Apr 24, 8:28pm
What is better cooking it in a slow cooker or oven ! i have no idea how to cook a roast pork without drying it out what do you prefer!

milkybar4, Apr 24, 8:38pm
my boyfriend and i and on river cottage the other day lol roast a roast in water. you put meat in roast pan with stock - maybe chicken stock for pork. some herbs - like thyme, rosemary (not too much rosemary), bit of garlic, salt and pepper. fill pan half way with the liquid. roast for about 3 - 4 hours on about 150. then when it's ready and everything else is ready you drain juice and use it to make gravy and put roast back in oven for 20 mins or so (you can put oil on top) and it will crispy on outside but be soft in middle. yummo! depends on what cut of pork you're using on how best to roast it butthat's how i do it. here's the river cottage

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=GVm3jlHsOwE and here's a forum on river cottage with peoples ideas : ) good luck http://www.rivercottage.net/forum/seasonality/seasonal-recipes/25892slow-roasting-pork-shoulder/

vivvie41, Apr 24, 9:24pm
I cook my pork in a slow cooker. Prick holes in the meat and stuff with slightly crushed and peeled garlic, maybe about 6 cloves or so, also stuff withfresh sage leaves if you have some, or fresh oregano. If you don't have fresh herbs take a walk down the street, there are plenty of rosemary bushes around, but only use about 1 4 inch twig, just place it on top of the roast. Grate black pepper and a little salt on top. Add half cup water. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or so, then turn down to low for another 2-3 hours, depending on the size of the meat. It will produce its own liquid to use for making gravy. I take the fat off at the end of cooking and roast separately in the oven for 20 mins or so at 180, turning once. Makes great crackling. Good luck, and enjoy!

whitehead., Apr 24, 11:50pm
you can remove your pork skin when its cooked to soft and trim fat off and cut into stripsthen wrap in cooking paper and cook till crisp in the microw wave you do it in 10 secondbursts . i always sprinkle salt and rub with oil before cooking you need the cooking paper as it spits all over the place

mwood, Apr 24, 11:56pm
These days I find the roast pork a bit "dry" so I compromise by cooking it in the Crockpot and I buy extra crackling and roast that under the grill. Moist meat and crispy crackling.

mber2, Apr 24, 11:58pm
Yummy roast pork, anybody having it for tea, would u invite me to ur place for tea please

beaker59, Apr 25, 12:06am
I do my roast pork in the Kettle BBQ shoulder roast is the best and do it slow over charcoal mmmmmmm yum :)

As to pork coming out dry this is because they mainly sell leg roasts now days I guess because they are easy to carve yet this was never the traditional pork roast hind legs were made into hams or bacon while the roast was always the shoulder or loin. Leg roasts are mostly big musles which lack the fat or connective tissue to be a really good slow cooked roast. Fast cooked roasts like you might do beef or lamb for these cuts are not good for food safety reasons with pork.

fisher, Apr 25, 12:12am
RoastPork Belly for tea tonite with lots of roasties from the garden.
spuds. beetroot carrots butternut. and might put something green in there as well :} Kumura (store bought) is a must for her indoors.

porka1, Apr 25, 3:12am

janny3, Apr 25, 2:12pm
Rub with salt and massage in w/ olive oil.The oil helps keep the moisture in.Roast slowly on a bed of apples.They become your apple sauce.Crisp up the crackling under the grill for the last 10 minutes.

snoopy221, Apr 25, 3:11pm
mmyeah K dis sorta may snd strng-but.
The bestest yet roassttttddd pooorkeenzz
Ihv ad was afta a day fellin nd cln up trees.

nd i provided de porkz.
BUT ALEGEDLGY TWAS ROASTED IN MILK.
Twas damn moity fyne.

sweetest most succulent porkin.

beaker59, Apr 26, 2:26am
The old italian way is good EH!Takes away the ability to spell though.