Left over rice

rosebud68, Apr 7, 4:34am
So I have cooked up a heap of rice tonight and have put some into a meatloaf for dinner tonight but have lots left over. I was wanting to use it for something for dinner tomorrow night but have never actually used cooked leftover rice before. Does anyone have any good left over rice recipes that I can use for tomorrow nights dinner? ? ?

thank you

hamley, Apr 7, 4:39am
Rice salad - just add chopped spring onion, sliced capsicum, whole kernel corn and dressing. Easy!

skata, Apr 7, 4:57am
Or just reheat and put a curry on top.

rema, Apr 7, 5:08am
Or do a fried rice

sue1955, Apr 7, 5:11am
Whatever you do with it, makes sure that it's piping hot - you can get a nasty tummy upset if it's not.

rai5, Apr 7, 5:19am
I used left over rice for a rice salad and never had any tummy upsets. Its so easy as you can use anything you have in the cupboard or fridge. I also add a bit of vinegrette from whatever I have in the fridge to make it moist. A mustard one is quite nice.

Or make a fried rice again with whatever you have. My family like both depending on the weather, hot or cold.

maandpa2b, Apr 7, 5:20am
just make sure you refrigerate it tonight

fisher, Jan 8, 1:11pm
Savoury Rice Stir
Fry one or two beaten eggs, and par cook in a frypan and cut into strips when cold . . Set aside
To a wok, add 1/2 cup peas, some capsicum, corn or a mix of your choice with 1 finely chopped onion. Then add 1 cup or so of cooked rice. . . Stir fry till hot...
Sprinkle 1/2 tsp black pepper1/2 tsp salt1 tsp sugar2tbsp soya sauce and mix all well over medium heat. .
Now mix altogether and serve immediately with some very fine chopped spring onions over the top. .