Buns-dough made in a breadmaker

falcon-hell, Apr 22, 4:13am
i make the dough-uses 3 cups of flour,and i get 8 small buns out of it,does anyone have a recipe for getting a decent amount!
i like it in the breadmaker because they always turn out beautiful-i just want to be able to make a larger quantity,cheers.
I use the Alison Holst recipe for this.

dezzie, Apr 22, 4:44am
wellll, most breadmakers max out at 4 cups of flour anyway, so its probably best just to make a couple of batches.

denbru, Apr 22, 4:46am
I make a 3 cup one for rolls, vienna, large buns etc, and I use the same recipe for the large loaf and anything else I want to make. I have found with the recipe provided it is too dense this recipe is very light. You ladies will probably ask for it so here it is. Put in order as typed!
300ml warm water, 3 cups high grade flour, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar, 2 Tabs olive oil, 2 Tabs milk powder, 3 tsp red cap yeast.

falcon-hell, Apr 22, 9:56pm
thanks denbru,i will try that one too,i hear what you are saying dezzie,but a long time ago i did 2 batches one after the other and the second one wasn't as good-maybe breadmakers don't handle being used 2 in a row!

korbo, Apr 22, 9:59pm
good recipe denbru, similar to mine as well. makes a good loaf.

denbru, Apr 23, 12:44am
Yes it is a good recipe korbo, keeps fresh as well. I freeze my loaf after cutting with electric knife. I hear my maker beeping must away to remove, enjoy your day trademe chefs!