Jo Seager's Caramel Oat Cake recipe please?

bridget107, Mar 14, 9:27pm
x8
Can anyone please provide me with a copy of this recipe! It is from the Cook School recipe book. Thanking you in advance :-)

cappucino1, Mar 14, 11:00pm
x9
bridget107, is this the one!I copied the recipe out of a book but don't remember if it was Jo Seagars.

White Chocolate Caramel Oat Cake

Ingredients

Caramel

1 x 400g can sweetened condensed milk

2 tablespoons golden syrup

150g butter

For the cake

1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour

3/4 cup flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 cups rolled oats

1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed

3/4 cup dessicated coconut

2 eggs

250g butter, melted

1 tablespoon vanilla essence

1 cup white chocolate buttons

Method

To make the caramel, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over a medium heat until well combined and smooth.Allow to cool.

Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.Spray a 25 – 26cm spring-form tin with baking spray and line the base with non-stick baking paper.

To make the cake, place all the dry ingredients except the chocolate buttons in a large bowl and mix well.Beat the eggs, melted butter and vanilla together then mix into the dry ingredients.Press three-quarters of this mixture into the prepared tin.Pour over the caramel, then crumble the remaining cake mixture on top.

Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown.Cool completely in the tin.When cold, melt the white chocolate buttons in a bowl over a pot of boiling water and drizzle over the top of cake.

bridget107, Mar 15, 1:08am
Yes, it is. Thanks so much.

245sam, Mar 15, 1:22am
bridget107, if you're wanting the recipe for Caramel Oat Slice as in Jo's book "It's Easier than you Think - Simple & delicious recipes from the Cook School", then the above recipe is not the same, in particular the recipe in that book uses 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, more rolled oats and no wholemeal flour - other than that there are only other slight differences in the quantities of some of the ingredients.:-))

bridget107, Mar 15, 1:41am
It is the caramel oat cake from the cook school recipes. I have the book at home, just needed it while at work :-D

245sam, Mar 15, 1:46am
x1
So.are you ok to use the recipe above or do you want the actual recipe from Jo's book!:-))

bridget107, Mar 15, 1:49am
First posting by cappucino1 was the one I was after! Thanks though.

245sam, Mar 15, 1:57am
That's ok - I see now the recipe you wanted is in the first of Jo's Cook School books "Jo Seagar The Cook School Recipes" while the recipe as in my posting at #4 is in the second of Jo's Cook School books - both recipes look nice however the recipe you wanted would be more economical with it only using 1 can sweetened condensed milk.:-))

fourz, Mar 15, 4:44am
x1
245sam could you please post your recipe with the 2 tins of condensed milk in it please.

245sam, Mar 15, 5:31am
x1
yes sure fourz, here it is.

Jo Seagar’s CARAMEL OAT SLICE
“This really delicious treat is very much for special occasions only. Makes a large slice - 20-24 pieces.”
2 cups flour
1 cup each ofself-raising flouranddesiccated coconut
2 cups brown sugar
3 cups rolled oats
2 eggs
300g butter, melted

Filling:
200g
2 x 400g cans sweetened condensed milk
4 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup each ofdarkandwhite chocolate melts, melted, to decorate (optional)

Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Line a large 35cm x 25cm slice or sponge-roll tin with non-stick baking paper, making sure the paper has a good overhang, and coat it with non-stick baking spray.
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the eggs and the melted butter, mixing well.Press two-thirds of the mixture into the tin.
To make the filling, gently melt the butter, sweetened condensed milk and golden syrup together.Mix until well blended, then add the vanilla.Pour over the base and sprinkle the remaining crumbly mixture on top.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Cool in the tin and refrigerate.
To get beautiful slices, it's best to leave it until the next day to cut it.
If decorating, drizzle with melted dark and white chocolate before serving.
This slice will keep in an airtight container for 7-10 days.:-))

245sam, Mar 15, 5:59am
apologies - a correction to the above recipe for the Caramel Oat Slice - the 200g = 200g butter.:-))

bridget107, Mar 16, 3:33am

lodgelocum, Mar 16, 4:01am
That looks devine, now saved, thanks very much for posting.

gardie, Apr 21, 7:11pm
I made this last night for our visitors today and have just cut it up into smallish pieces as its very rich - (had a little nibble last night and decided that).It is certainly a big slice - i have made up 3 zip lock bags of slice to send home with the guests and have a whole tupperware container still left.What we don't eat today will go into the freezer.Thanks for sharing the recipe.

winnie15, Apr 22, 7:45am
i made this cake a wee while ago and i'm sure i gained 2 kgs that week! very hard to leave it alone!